Video Guides System by Players

Hi Dekaronians,

What do you think about the idea of implementing a reward system for approved video guides by players. The wiki would then be appended with approved videos, which would help drag newcomers and boost the SEO generally. It would be possible to create an awesome collection of guides in leveling order.

It would be flexible since players would be able to record quests, dungeon runs and voice + video explanations of how to craft specific gear, where to get materials. The time of the videos would be declared by Papaya officials, which would be one of requirements. The rewards are also something that would be decided by the Papaya team.

It might benefit everyone, the whole community actually. What do you think?

Kind regards,
warren

Comments

• GMbonovoxxGMbonovoxx Posts: 104Admin Trainee
    I like it, but as small as Dekaron is, our team is even smaller and we're already stretched pretty thin. What I would like is perhaps a "community showcase," where we feature user-developed content and offer it our "stamp of approval," but don't directly feature it. My concern is that if there's user content out there that ends up obsolete or incorrect, it may be reported to us even though we have no control over it.

But we're still open to the idea of featuring community-built content. Rewards are a bit trickier. I'd suggest that you expect the reward of a job well done and contribution to your community, and consider if that is enough motivation for you.
    paradisiac95
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
    And a dark wind blows
  • paradisiac95paradisiac95 Posts: 11Member Beginner
    I agree with you on that part about "stamp of approval", that's something I also thought since content would have to be approved in order to be on e.g. official wiki. Already existing section 'Guides' could also be used so it also boosts the forum activity.

Rewards could also be something like custom title for those with enough approved content, might be motivational.
  • GMbonovoxxGMbonovoxx Posts: 104Admin Trainee
    a title would be good, but for some reason, the game is coded such that the number of available titles is VERY limited. 
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
    And a dark wind blows
  • paradisiac95paradisiac95 Posts: 11Member Beginner
    Perhaps a custom aura with subtle effect could be a replacement?