Toggle On/Off Aide Ship Visual Tow

CrazyDiamond87CrazyDiamond87 Posts: 1Member Beginner
Hello all in the community,

This is my first post ever since Papaya took over. First of all, I'd like to greet everyone that maintains this game up and running and that has been amusing me for the past 10 years, roughly.

My suggestion is very simple, in fact. To have an option to toggle on/off the aide ship towing (I mean visually only). It could very well just be from our perspective or to the notice of all players, whichever could work, if it could work at all.

It may be a matter of taste but it really upsets me to have a massive ship taking a lot of my screen view and many times, if not all the time I'm not able to even see my own ship unless I place the camera sideways.

It would be nice avoid this visual aspect but still keeping the mechanism of have an aide captain, with its ship and its cargo helping the player.

Let me know your thoughts :)

If this was discussed before, my apologies in advance,

Happy sailing!

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    interesting but not necessary. If you dont want the aide ship blocking your view then just zoom out on the camera to max view. Its better to play fully zoomed out anyways, you get a much wider view of the sea and other ships around you.
    IGN: Samantha99
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    The thing wish we could toggle on/off are the auras, I can't walk around Seville without getting a headache within 5 minutes from them.
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
    There's a number of players that will 'unequip' gear when they are in town to turn off auras. Mind you many of them do that to also hide how strong they are from other players while they are in town.
  • CrazyDiamond87CrazyDiamond87 Posts: 1Member Beginner
    Hello all,

That's one point, purplepirate.

I always play zoomed out but even so if my aide ship is almost twice the size of my ship I am unable to see it unless I sail with the camera sideways or topdown.

Anyway, tt could be made an option and it would be up the player to decide.

Cheers
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    I first encountered this while in a tow cutter with a TLG aide ship XD. I was like "What the heck? Where's MY ship?" Too funny.
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
    The funniest is during light round of esf. You have a dinky little ship, then a massive aide ship in tow. xD
    Twitchalot