Can't update the game

iseezergsiseezergs Posts: 1Member Beginner
Hello!
I just download the game, and I'm trying to execute it for the first time. But I'm getting this error.
Does anyone know what could be?

Comments

• WolfpepperWolfpepper Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Im getting the same issue myself
    iseezergs
  • iseezergsiseezergs Posts: 1Member Beginner
    I was only able to update the game when installing via steam. So, if someone has this problem, try to install the game via Steam and update from there.
  • frankokfrankok Posts: 0Member Beginner
    I am having the same problem.  I would also appreciate help in resolving the problem.
  • frankokfrankok Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • TheCrimsonPirateTheCrimsonPirate Posts: 26Member Beginner
    Alright, I think I found a solution.

I was having this issue for the past week or so. Using the Download button on the PapayaPlay website was not working. Upon launching UWO it gets stuck trying to connect to server to look for new versions/updates of the game and fails. I noticed the steam files in the installation folder and also iseezerg's post here so I tried Steam.

You can install the game via Steam and it will detect the latest versions and update the game (you may have to repeatedly click Play in the Steam launcher to get it to update over and over).

After getting it to the latest version via Steam, I clicked Play and the UWO game launcher came up, click play again. Click through the first few UWO screens to login, but then I receive a steam pop-up to create a Vertigo games account. I already had an account so it wouldn't let me recreate one with my same email or login. It should have auto logged me in, but that also wasn't working for me. Just gives an error in the game regarding failed to authenticate/access database.

Instead, I was able to navigate to the UWO steam folder and manually launch the game. This allowed me to login with my Papaya account instead of running into the Steam/Vertigo issue. Location may depend on where you installed Steam. By default it might look something like this path:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Uncharted Waters Online

In that folder for UWO, you can manually double click/launch the game with the file application named "GVOnline" note that there may be two, one is labeled as an "application" under file type, the other is "icon". You want to click the "application" one. You should be able to set this as a shortcut on your desktop to avoid constantly navigating to the folder (just right click the GVOnline file, create shortcut, and move that new shortcut to your Desktop).
  • sevengracesevengrace Posts: 0Member Beginner
    I am also having the same problem and message.  Help!!
  • GMCaptainGMCaptain Posts: 22Admin God-Like
    edited June 2020
    <<Updated on 12:30PM, June 26th (PDT)>>

Hello all,

We are sorry for the inconvenience at this time.

To solve the issue where the game won't start or upgrade, please delete the entire game client folder and reinstall it from here:
    * Make sure to clear the cache on your browser OR use the Incognito mode before proceeding.

If the issue still persists, please send us a support ticket.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

- Team Uncharted Waters
  • ArdallArdall Posts: 1Member Beginner
    I have also not been able to launch the game for the past few weeks. I recently upgraded some hardware and had to reinstall everything. I am on win 10 and adding UWO to my antivirus exclusion list used to work. I noticed the game crashes as soon as nprotect tries to load in my process list.