Best memories of UWO, MARIS (2020 version)

tpainetimtpainetim Posts: 35Member Beginner
https://imgur.com/a/TYr11TH

Click on the imgur label to get to the link !
purplepirate

Comments

• EAGustinEAGustin Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Hehhe sounds like a lot of fun :))) congrats !!!
    Even if some guys swear ..ITS PART OF THE GAME !
  • purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    fun pics, but tbh all you have is deck going for you. Playing against you in BC and ESF shows that you have poor sea battle ability when you have to fight with cannons and/or melee. It's only a matter of time before i catch up to you on land battle, but you'll still be behind me and others in regular sea combat. :p
    lol...

Nice pics though! ☺
    IGN: Samantha99
  • tpainetimtpainetim Posts: 35Member Beginner
    lmao ok
    you pose about as much challenge to me as Cap_Neckbeard sam :p
    lol. allowing you to go to deck battle with me knowing that I won't win was actually a complement to you. But hey, if you want to get personal so be it port camper.

I don't actually ' farm' that player as others in the game do to theirs. I certainly don't call 1-2 hits a week as farming where as some people will hit their targets 20 times per day (both pirate and bh players) repeatedly. So maybe you should point your finger at actual alt farmers instead lol.

But hey if pirates weren't such wimps in the first place and run from every fight or hide in GZ's all the time port camping (which you do at boston) then maybe players wouldn't need to waste time on tactics like that :p

But truth be told I've always openly welcomed any player who wants to try their skill in a sea battle (like I came to your challenge the other day). Mind you if you really want to put your money where your mouth is mister, prove you are more than a simple (yes simple) land battler and actually show you can fight a real sea battle. Deck is not sea battle, it's land battle period. Hell, I'd even let you hide in your turtle (like you usually do) to prove my point lol.

See the difference between you and me shows in group games. You don't draw much attention in those fights (since your not a threat), where it averagely takes 3-5 players working together to sink me. Fact is I'm a bigger threat in battle than you which is why so many focus on me instead.

Like i said, it's only a matter of time until I max my lvls like you to be on equal ground in land battle and I doubt you'll be any different at sea battles lol. But i am flattered by the attention ❤.
    im not gonna read all that but alright
    I'm sure xD
  • JazzminJazzmin Posts: 60Member Beginner
    *Disclaimer* I am not taking sides
    There are a few reasons why the entire fleet will target you.
    You're the weakest in the fleet(Like me) so the easiest first kill.
    You're Admiral/Last Player alive.
    You're on your own!! 
    No one likes you and everyone wants to get a screenshot of sinking you.
    Rather like some of them, you are the target people want to sink. 

So that doesn't actually prove much. 

(Didn't even know Tim knew where Boston was).

Though as those screenshots suggest he likes to make sure he's well versed in various different aspects(He clearly uses cannons, melee as well). Whether we like it or not, DB is part of the game and should at least be planned for.

Maybe we need to post some adventure screen shots as well(Will dig some out later). :) 
    Captain-Simon - ACME Corperation
    GrandGeneralSimon - Osmanli_Aslanlar
    Captain-Simbert
  • JazzminJazzmin Posts: 60Member Beginner
    Btw, there's a risk that the above might be posted twice as tried posting on my other PP account which didn't work. 
    Captain-Simon - ACME Corperation
    GrandGeneralSimon - Osmanli_Aslanlar
    Captain-Simbert
    I've never complained about db. I even supported it in another thread where sui complained about it. Even in my post here I admitted I openly took his challenge knowing I'd probably loose if we went to deck. Thats not the issue.

My point is that (against me anyways) tim has to use deck because he can't beat me otherwise ( as proven in our group games like BC/ESF). If he wants to show otherwise then there's nothing stopping him from showing it. Like I said, I openly will take a challenge if someone wants to play and I'm around (like i did with him).

No offense to you Jazzmin, but you don't play bc/esf regularly like me, so you're only going ( from your admission) by the pics posted. But since he only posts his wins not his losses, then your perspective is distorted. Fact is EVERYONE dies in this game even him.

See i acknowledge he's better at deck than me. Still doesn't change my argument at all. I could use db, but I don't and thats my risk. I choose that, but don't think he's some uwo god just because he has that advantage for now.
    lol
    purplepirate
    hehe ❤
  • FlorianGeyerFlorianGeyer Posts: 214Member Trainee
    I'm not on the photo's, perhaps you didn't catch me yet hehe...

I'll try to keep it that way. I'm just a cardboard-made poor trader anyway. :D

One day when I get into maritime some more I would like to learn a thing or 2 from you hehe.

Flo!
    Be safe and prosper!
  • OwvinIIOwvinII Posts: 139Member Trainee
    Deck schmeck!

Several of the best memories of UWO Maris 2020 include 
    charting Zambezi inland area with the waterfalls and Moonbow weather phenomenon discovery, 
    grinding Nanban contribution points to 50,000 in South China area, and 
    grading up a Superior Looooooong Schoooooooner to G7.

One of the best memories of UWO Maris 2018 is being the first player to build a "San Gabriel" ship (which has Reference Room), which can only be built in Porto iirc. Side Note: I soon skill-inherited Reference Room onto a Refitted Beagle named "Refitted Snoopy" and many months or a year or so later later skill inherited Reference Room onto a Refitted Looooooong Schoooooooner afai remember.
  • Lothi01Lothi01 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    i feel hard