More player traffic in Amsterdam and Venice

DanielFreedomHuntersDanielFreedomHunters Posts: 106Member Trainee
There needs to be more player activity in Amsterdam and Venice.  One way to do this would a chariot from Amsterdam to a new city like Cologne or even Frankfort.  Then a train or chariot to Geneva or Zurich and chariot to Venice.  The programming is in place for chariots and trains.  Adding 2 simple towns like Frankfort, has programming that exists.  This would increase access for both cities and traffic to add membership to the companies in those towns.  

Marseilles already has the chariot to Paris and then Calais.   London has Oxford.   Lisbon has Sagres next to it.   Seville is in the middle of everything.  More players need reasons to go to Amsterdam and Venice. 

Twitchalotrangerzfan
IGN: Daniel-San
IG Nationality: Dutch
Company: FreedomHunters
Director

Comments

• TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    If I recall correctly, it was during OGPlanet's tenure as host that the Frankfurt expansion came out, and a few of us in new_world_company and some others immediately saw the possibilities for increasing traffic through Venice and Amsterdam by creating a Venice<=>Frankfurt chariot system, and I and a few others posted the suggestion to OGP -> KOEI in the forums, but nothing happened, which is too bad, because a Hamburg<=>Frankfurt<=>Venice chariot system would undoubtedly change some economic dynamics and make some crafting easier, as well as increase traffic through Venice and Amsterdam and the North Sea area. All I can say is it would impress me mightily if KOEI did do this.
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
  • DanielFreedomHuntersDanielFreedomHunters Posts: 106Member Trainee
    If they want to make an trade impact for both Amsterdam and Venice, then a train system running from Venice to through someplace else to Amsterdam would definitely do that.   And there would probably be no impact to Seville, because it is still the center of everything. 
    Director
  • rangerzfanrangerzfan Posts: 96Member Beginner
    This would be fantastic. I have had this discussion with a few in DC. Hamburg to Frankfort to Venice. I would end up using this more than the Calais shortcut since I go to the East Med more. 
    DanielFreedomHunters
    ign: RangerB
    Director
    DutchCourage - Amsterdam
  • lowbridgelowbridge Posts: 13Member Beginner
    I believe that a land route between Genoa and Venice has been suggested as well. This would essentially accomplish the same thing: Calais -> Paris -> Marseilles -> Genoa -> Venice.

I agree that more traffic is needed in Venice and this would help as well.
    The Genoa<=>Venice suggestion was also brought up back when the Hamburg<=>Frankfurt<=>Venice idea was being posted after the Frankfurt expansion, and while it has some merits, it still lacks the elegance and simplicity of just extending the Frankfurt line to Venice, and would not only benefit Amsterdam and London, but bring traffic to Stockholm for quests and some good early battle grinds in the Baltic region because the endpoint would be Hamburg and not Calais, and while Amsterdam and London would both benefit either way, having Hamburg as one end would do more to stimulate the economy of a region of the game than anything I can think of. And I wouldn't object to both lines being added, but if only one, Hamburg<=>Frankfurt<=>Venice please and thank-you, iy would do more for the Baltic region than you'd think.
    purplepirate
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    If there was more travel like that it would really help. Also routes like the canals should be allowed in general to transport at least some trade goods to pass through. I mean the whole point of the suez and panama canal was to move goods to different seas to save travel time. I like that you can move 200 goods through paris. This should be the standard for all over land routes. The blessings can still be used to increase this amount.
    rangerzfanTwitchalotDanielFreedomHuntersFlorianGeyer
    IGN: Samantha99
  • rangerzfanrangerzfan Posts: 96Member Beginner
    The canals should be opened up like the trains by investment in the ports. It is time to open the canals completely for everyone. The blessings can be used in lieu of investing for those who chose to go that route. The canals, trains, and sailing around Africa, SA and the northern passages should all be options for moving full loads. IT does not make sense to have a train that works, but two of the most important sailing shortcuts ever created to be basically pointless. Eliminate Franban and open the canals. Would be a nice new dynamic for merchants and pirates (that leave Seville)
    purplepirateDanielFreedomHunters
    ign: RangerB
    Director
    DutchCourage - Amsterdam
    Try to imagine the number of pirates cruising the Arabian Sea and Red Sea if ships full of trade goods(even SEA spices if Nanban goods were banned via canal) could move through the Panama canal. What I was thinking for costs for operating the canal/tariff would be was a fee that would be based on how much your nation had invested in the two cities of the canal, up to 100%, being total control of both cities, giving you an 80-100% discount on the tariff depending on your court rank. This would also increase sales of blue flags.

The idea of opening the canals and land routes to trade good would be very interesting.  Perhaps the fee should be based on the value of the goods in the city, that you enter the canal or land route on.  Then discounted along the lines discussed.   Perhaps one side of the canals or land routes, could have control based on the results of ESF, Investment battles or, most improvement of a nations influence. 

Anything to draw traffic into Venice, the North Sea and other rarely traveled areas would be a big plus. 

Director
  • shamsmehra90shamsmehra90 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    This would be fantastic. I have had this discussion with a few in DC. Hamburg to Frankfurt to Venice. I would end up using this more than the Calais shortcut since I go to the East Med more. 
  • purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    Another path they could make is instead of Frankfurt to Venice, they could add another city along the way. Munich falls along the way between Frankfurt and Venice, this would be a nice addition to the game. So the new path would be...

Hamburg > Frankfurt > Munich > Venice

Regardless of any land paths they make, Koei really needs to fix land/canal travel to include at least a minimum amount of trade goods that can be transported through them.
    DanielFreedomHunters
    IGN: Samantha99
    The idea to allow trade through the canals and the land routes are great ones.  Even if the land routes have the capacity capped as a percentage, at least you could move what you absolutely needed.  But the canals should be open to cargo, for a price, just like the railroads.   The whole point of the canals were to improve trade.  And one side of the canal was kept hostile or lawless, it would also improve piracy, bounty hunting and privateering. 

The programming exists, Koei would just need to apply it to the canals and land routes. 
    purplepirate
    Director
  • nikkinemo95nikkinemo95 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Yes, as weget more traffic to this game, we get more adventure in game while playing
    DanielFreedomHunters