2020 Will be the end of WarRock.

nenoxgam3rnenoxgam3r Posts: 47Member Beginner
Hi, I may sound dramatic, but please hear me out. I've known this game since 2009. two years after it's release and I must say. I can't believe it survived this long. But what if I told you, 2020 might be the end of this game? I hope Admins take a very close look at this. Because I really care about this game and would love to see it thriving again. My reasons are justified.

1) Rage Quitting

Literally, every room I join, there has to be a rage quit from a player. It's impossible to find a match that lasts completely with no rage quit these days. This is a proof that the game is dying slowly and everybody is sick of it and just wants to be at the top, they can't handle loss anymore.

One solution to this is to add consequences when quitting mid-game. (Level consequences) not Dinnar bullshit. Nobody cares about Dinnar. For example, if someone quits mid-game, a 10% drop from his level occurs.  10 quits = 1 level drop. Even if he's level 100. 

2) Toxic Environment

This is a very important factor on why the game's dying. 50% or higher of the players are toxic, as soon as they spot a level 1 player they immediately kick him. They don't even give him the chance to learn & play the damn game. How do we expect to earn new players if we keep doing this? YOU NEED TO STOP. I understand you've been playing this game for 13 years and you're a master at it, what do you want? *claps* *claps* Happy? Now let the level 1 player enjoy a little bit. Give him a damn chance.

3) Server Lag, Server Lag

I said it twice because we're all aware of this (Running through walls) which is not fixed to this day. I don't see how this is different than hacking. It's literally unfair. Some players gain advantage due to this and some not.

4) Marketing 

Papaya's so focused on making money right now than fixing the game & marketing it well to make 10x amount the money they're making now. I see a lot of potential in this game, even in 2020, it's fun to play. But we don't have players anymore. We need new people or this game will die in no time. Either from Papaya's budget running out. Or players quit. We don't want WarRock Global to be the next WarRock Japan or WarRock PH, etc...

If you're not ready to invest in this game, please, kindly, move it to a new publisher who is ready to take risks.

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day. Feel free to add anything else to this post below
Cheers,

Comments

• Mrterr0rMrterr0r Posts: 244Member Trainee
    Lock down numbers should show to the people that host this game that players are still interested. But the game-play is so bad it does not make anyone want to stay and continue to play. But honestly who wants to play a game that is so un-balanced?  Unbalanced teams, weapons, p2w vs f2p, levels nearly every aspect of this game is unbalanced and tbh an awful experience. I know if i was new having never played this game before that i would not hang about and play or even think of paying when there are so many better games on the market now. 

1) Rage quitting.

This is a massive problem with zero punishment which effects almost every single game. How is something that effects the game so much not viewed as a problem to be fixed?

You can have two teams of 16 one minute, re-check the teams and see 4/5+ people have left from one team because they died or lost control of the map and they do not want to fight to regain control because they are worried about there stats and do not want to die. This has a snowball effect causing more players to leave. The lower the player room limit the more impact a player leaving has on the game!

So many times have i seen someone who was free-killing low levels with 30/40/50+ kills and a handful of deaths exit the room because the teams finally balanced out and they started to die.

Just yesterday i entered a room to see one known player with 130/20 He spends a ton of money every month has somewhere around 4000+ hours yet is always found playing free to play accounts which have less then a 100 hours and are what you could say are clueless < why is this allowed to happen. I have always wanted a level cap once a set level is reached you are no longer able to play anyone below. I dont not get why a 100+ player is in a room with someone under 25. But so many go looking for this type of game-play 

.1, Hide all stats to the public making them only personally viewable. kills,death,headshot hide it all. Theses numbers do nothing but promote lame game play.  Most 2+, 3+ accounts never make more then 1+ when playing there own level anyway and the only reason they have such good stats is because they are one of the first to bail out of a room if things do not go there way.

.2, Include a stat showing the amount of games a player leaves. 

.3, Rewards should be earned!!!  Places rewards into level limited rooms. The higher the room level limit the better the rewards get. Set to max players for each game mode so no one hiding in a locked 2 man room exploiting rewards. This would go towards bringing some team balance.

.4, Stop gaining kills if you leave a room before the end but continue to gain deaths. So if for example a player has a score of 48/5 padded on lvl 1s and leaves because teams even they have just increased there death count by 5 and lost all them kills. They keep doing this over time there stats will start to be effected and it is just a waste of time. 

2) Toxic Environment

I tell you what is toxic. 

Claiming to be a clan but hide in the lobby to get games started as you all to childish to play each other without crying if you get killed by someone in your clan.

Entering a room looking at the teams then switching sides to join the side that is winning or in control of the map at the time. This is just as bad as players leaving. 

Spending a fuk ton of money on the game then only playing someone who has spent nothing. 

People who have played the game for years. Found mostly playing new accounts. I would love to see a stat showing the average level a person plays against. How embarrassing being a level 100+ but your 
    average level you play against is only 10-20

Paywall players, still this game does not offer a free to play area... Why?

Battle royal has not been effected by offering a game mode where all items are locked out. So why can we not see a game mode like this for CQC and BG. If we had room options for paying players then there is nothing to complain about. But when you find the same people who are spending a lot of money 
    constantly playing free to play you have to ask why nothing is done about it. 

Every single game turning sniper vs sniper. 1 hit anywhere even with full health BS. Log in, lay down dont move and rack up the kills with some stupidly overpowered weapon. Hardly makes for good game play when both teams are just sat there not moving. Then one side caps every base people start to die and que all the RQ`ing 

Or m249 + rockets vs m249+ rockets. All theses weapons in game yet most games sees the same handful of weapons being used. But they wont give us set teams forcing each class to be used and in turn changing the game play.  No game needs 10+ snipers or 10+ 100 round clip m249s. 

Stupid paywall items that effect game play. Med stick, stamina, fast reload, fast charge, no bleed, player stats. 
    If these were removed overnight some players would have a massive shock in game spouting off about how good they are yet refuse to play without these game changing items. 

3) Server Lag, Server Lag

Ping block, why do i someone with 5 bars have to be in a room with someone 5000 miles away from the server who cannot obtain a ping and warps all over the map and comes through walls on my screen rather then doorways. If i log in and play between 6am and midday this game runs so much better and i can tell the game getting worse as the day goes on as more and more bad ping players log on. 

We should be able to set rooms up and not include these players. It does not effect them at all they can still play, make rooms etc. They just wont be able to enter a room i made because there is a ping limit. Quality of life. 

4) Marketing

They dont need to market, covid shows there are lots of players still interested in warrock but the question should be why did they stop playing in the first place? Then, why have they failed to continue to play or log in since. Its not sales its the game play for them not returning. 

The game-play really is awful compared to many years ago before all the hand holding crap entered. Spending money puts you at a massive advantage these days over someone who has not paid, yet weirdly some in game class it as skill ;s 

Having 2 lives every spawn, speeding about the map, 20%+ stats even though the community voted to remove these from the game yet 3 months later they returned as they dont give a fk about game play and care more about money. Wonder how much money they have lost out on due to all these players not being interested with Warrock any more. 

Yet they still refuse to make any meaningful game-play changes that players have been requesting for years to improve the game. 

nenoxgam3rkillingtime00
    Beta then 2007-2020
  • nenoxgam3rnenoxgam3r Posts: 47Member Beginner
    @Mrterr0r Such an interesting solutions, I couldn't agree more. They really need to look at your comment.
  • ChocoQ420ChocoQ420 Posts: 48Member Beginner
    Regarding fixing the games networking/gameplay elements,
    The employees who worked on the games engine (Jindo 2004) no longer work at Dream Execution

The ONLY way to fix WarRock is to use the new version of Jindo that Dream Execution has, which they used to make Phantomers. Most of the assets currently used in WarRock can be used in Phantomers version of Jindo (for textures specifically)
    Phantomers version of Jindo has a better netcode, graphics processing, and processor processing optimizations.
    Papaya can’t financially ask DE to remake the game to solve the glaring gameplay issues that WarRock has, because the game doesn’t make enough money.
    The server that Papaya uses for WarRock is so cheap and old, that it’s effectively able to keep the game running for awhile. 2020 probably won’t be the end of WarRock, 2022 will likely be its end of renewal with Papaya.
    The reason why the server is cheap & old, is because WarRock is a game running on an engine from 2004, thus any server & hardware exceeding that time frame would be useless as it’s impossible for WarRock to utilize it.

So, to be clear, it IS possible to fix WarRock. Papaya & DE just refuse to do it, it’s honestly just that simple.
    ^^^ I dont believe the above to be true. 

We have had a new game mode (battle royal) enter the game and this has a lot of changes to the base game that shows its possible for them to make changes and with a bit of work I am sure they could transfer theses over to CQC and BG

1, Requiring a set amount of players before a game starts. This maybe not such an issue for CQC

No BR game will start till X-amount of players are in the room or for that matter any tournament in CQC. Why can this not be the norm for all game modes. So what if you have to wait 1-5 mins to start a game. I would rather wait and start with more players then to start a game 1v1. The more players there are in a room especially at the start the more fun the game is. I so miss starting games 16v16

Currently the tactic is to wait in the lobby rather then line up. Its not a case of players not being ready or wanting to play its that too many players are trying to stack one side. So many times a game starts 1v1 or 2v1 then 60s later 5-6 or more players have joined. They were there already they just did not want to line up. And if they dont make the correct side they leave and rejoin, leave and rejoin, leave and rejoin till they enter on the stacked side. I have watched some players enter a room 6/7 times just trying to stack one side, its perfetic this is allowed to happen. 

Remove 4v4 and 8v8 room options in BG this would push more players into one room rather then spreading players out across so many rooms. Leaving 10/12/16 per side then have the minimum player count to start set to 5v5

Stop room creation if a map is already in play with spaces. Why do we need to have 5 under filled rooms of the same map? Once a room is filled then another room can be opened.

2, Items locked out

BR shows its possible to block slots, stats and weapons. Its the silly items that effect game-play. The ones behind a paywall!

If i shoot at you and I am on target that player should be looking for a medic or a med station and fear bleeding out. Not continue to rush me having magically injected his health back from 40% to 100%. Healing back to full health after taking damage from 2/3 hits is so lame its like my bullets had no impact on them or there game-play. I may as well not have shot in the first place.

E
    specially as its every time a player spawns. If these items were once a game use then its down to the player to decided when is the best time to use them. Med stick, stamina. flash / land mines. Allow these OP items but one use per game. This then brings an element of tactical thinking back into the game.

Remove the no bleed. Every player should bleed out if enough damage has been taken this then would stop players camping knowing if you shoot and hit them they need heal so they back off away from you or find the nearest med station.

Remove fast reload and fast charge. If anything the speed of reload and re arming should be decreased not increased. But its all about the money rather then game-play.

Set med boxes to team mates only. No more being hit and having 5 lives as a medic from med boxes and injections. Increase the XP gained for healing team mates.

Kill someone in a base. 5 seconds later they have sped back and are shooting me due to there increased stamina and the distance and speed they can travel. Given that all big maps keep being edited because they refuse to except that snipers have ruined the game-play. Most maps now are all up and down making some players able to slide all over the map never losing stamina. Its like playing against the old speed hackers because there stamina never run out. 

Give us a game mode where 8th, 6th and player stats are locked out. With 5th being locked out for all classes except heavy's.

I am not to bothered about weapons really although the main over used weapons need changing.

All snipers prone only fire with a much longer settle time. And crouch for CQC.  You should be in position and on target before you decide to shoot, not be speeding about the map firing like an automatic rifle while bouncing up and down able to kill anyone who has full health from a single hit. Headshot me - good shot. Hit me in the body and i die from one hit, lame. Especially after i have shot them first and hit  2/3 times only to see there health injected back to 100% A lot of times they dont even heal, i deal damage to them with a few shots yet i die from a single hit times this by almost every player in the room using the same weapon and its such sheet game play. 

Heavys, Stop the rocket damage to players or heavily reduce the splash area or damage to ground troops. You are there to fight and blow up vehicles not to act as an assault. Reduce the clip size of the m249 or increase its reload time. If you spam a 100 rounds at me and fail to kill you should now be at a disadvantage

Also increase the length of time it take to switch weapons. Some heavys can fire off 10/15 rockets in a matter of seconds along with a 100 round clip this combined with fast reload makes almost no 
    vehicle have a chance these days. A single paywall player has enough fire power to destroy 2/3 tanks alone without reloading. Again have 5-10 of theses players in a room just makes for awful game-play.

Place a timer on the jav similar to the binos. Stop multiple players from using this weapon at the same time again its such lame game play to sit by an ammo station fast charging a jav firing at anything that moves. Some bg maps are now just players walking around rather then the vehicle warfair the maps were intended to be because these stupidly OP weapons and the amount of players that have them, all being used without any limit.

Remove the red dot from the map when a team is ahead by 25-kills. Stop the wining side being able to pick out the losing team due to there hit markers showing on the map. 

3, Auto select teams.

CQC tournament shows its possible for the game to choose teams along with the failed auto team balance.

Such an easy thing to fix. If auto team balance is selected and you exit that room trying to switch sides there will be a 15min timer placed on that player before being aloud to re-enter that room. We already have a 5min timer for being kicked. We need a bigger timer to stop players switching sides after a game has started and 15min is long enough to discourage players from doing it and also long enough for a room to fill up meaning they cant rejoin as the room is full. 15min is (almost) a 1/3 of a standard 40min game the most used time limit in game.

Who wants to wait in the lobby for that amount of time over and over because they are trying to stack teams. 

The amount of auto balanced rooms i have played in only to see 4/5/6 players all exit and rejoin 30s into the game is crazy. You then have the low skill players who start 2v1 and allow every base to be taken before switching back so within 2mins of a 40min game one side has every base and they are sat outside main spawn camping. Then add the players who join mid game to see that one team has no bases so they exit and rejoin to the team with every base rather then put there spending to use and fight there way out.

What amazes me is its almost never low levels who switch teams. Its always long term players with some BS excuse why for the 10th game that day they need to rejoin to the other side. Dont see to many players rejoining to the team that is losing or has no bases. Its always to the wining team spawn camping.

Notice how so much above ties in together the game-play as a whole really is terrible.  

We have the features in game already which could improve the overall game-play they are just not being used correctly because selling some op item is more important then team balance, weapon balance etc. All these stupid items added with money in mind without taking there effect into the long term game-play when every player has them equipped along with no punishment for being toxic and stitching games up. And that is why the game now has such a low population of players.

2007/2009 this game was so good requiring some thought and a bit of skill to play. But they dumbed it all down turning it into a trash game about money which cannot attract new players or stimulate old players to continue playing.

Big Rip for the waste of time that was steam. 24 players over last hour, 28 for 24hrs shows no one is interested in warrock. but like outlined above covid numbers show that there is a healthy player base out there so why are they not playing.

COZ the game-play is awful!!!

Beta then 2007-2020
  • pipinal10pipinal10 Posts: 46Member Beginner
    There's a lot of crying babies in this game, fortunatelly we have the /blistadd option so I can't read how MrTerror cries literally in all games.
    And i'm not kidding he think hes good xdd
    @pipinal10

Dont hide anonymously on the forums. Share and let everyone know your IGN, so we can chat.

Good input to the thread by the way, really constructive post. 

Beta then 2007-2020
  • SusanaNLSusanaNL Posts: 20Member Beginner
    Mrterr0r and I really can't get along together. Although I have to be slightly honest here, well said guys. 

Kind of good points, hopefully this thread gets the attention it needs :-)

Cheers,

- Tom

Where's Susana? 

You claim we do not get along but its very hard personally to be friendly towards players who constantly show a toxic style of game-play that effects the game in such a bad way. Now I hope you wont try and defend this action here as we both know that its a 
    regular occurrence and not just a one off. And the fact you and others are allowed to constantly get away with this type of behaviour in game without punishment is so wrong to the people who stay and continue to play regardless of score, kd, wining or losing. 

13/3 with zero bases on a map containing 11 flags to capture. As i entered the room Derb (the team you are on) are winning 30-12, that is a nice lead given the 100 point room. 5-mins after joining you vanish (like always) because Derb have now lost control of the map and are in the process of being overrun because you are unwilling to play as a team and play the objective of the game mode. 

35-23 granted you now have no bases left but you are still on the winning side, but choose to exit the room. Its only 5v5 currently so hardly difficult for a player of your experience and time served in game. ( i would assume) We both know had Derb taken control of every base you would not have left. Players do not quit when its easy. Better to walk away 13/3 then to finish the game negative?

Examples of this can be found in every single BG room. Players leaving without any type of punishment. 

https://ibb.co/XsNPXSMhttps://ibb.co/bB31FBF

Beta then 2007-2020
    Where's Susana? 

You claim we do not get along but its very hard personally to be friendly towards players who constantly show a toxic style of game-play that effects the game in such a bad way. Now I hope you wont try and defend this action here as we both know that its a regular occurrence and not just a one off. And the fact you and others are allowed to constantly get away with this type of behaviour in game without punishment is so wrong to the people who stay and continue to play regardless of score, kd, wining or losing. 

13/3 with zero bases on a map containing 11 flags to capture. As i entered the room Derb (the team you are on) are winning 30-12, that is a nice lead given the 100 point room. 5-mins after joining you vanish (like always) because Derb have now lost control of the map and are in the process of being overrun because you are unwilling to play as a team and play the objective of the game mode. 

35-23 granted you now have no bases left but you are still on the winning side, but choose to exit the room. Its only 5v5 currently so hardly difficult for a player of your experience and time served in game. ( i would assume) We both know had Derb taken control of every base you would not have left. Players do not quit when its easy. Better to walk away 13/3 then to finish the game negative?

Examples of this can be found in every single BG room. Players leaving without any type of punishment. 

https://ibb.co/XsNPXSM
    https://ibb.co/bB31FBF

(had to re-post due to crap forum)
    SusanaNLVoltad
    Beta then 2007-2020
  • PAPAYAnexon2PAPAYAnexon2 Posts: 363Member Intermediate

Biggest problem server RISE1 and connection via wifi. 
    Many players use a Wi-Fi connection specifically to get lag. 
    Can't they buy a wire for 2 euros? Or is papaya afraid of losing players who use Wi-Fi?

Papaya why does my GAME download speed jump from 15kbps to 390kbps and upload from 5kbps to 35kbps? Why my internet packages lost? In other games csgo ...  this is not.