Good Bye

TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
Since I am now obviously incapable of being aware enough to not buy a 4 billion ducat ship I can't use, HWJ 65/68/30(the 68 trade and 30 Battle, I can get with my Trader, but 65 Adven? he's 34, dream on), and thus short myself by 4 billion for a CWJ or HWJ which I HAD enough for, to be able to do spice/nanban runs, I give up. I got very stressed by that, and stress is something I have to reduce in my condition. I'm thinking I'll just delete all toons and be done with this, besides, the last thing that's needed is an old fool trying to keep up that rambles on about GAMA server. This is Maris. If CrzyPsycoChic or Northerner ever return, tell them I wish them well.

Adieu all:

CullumStraun

IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
- Director of new_world_company
Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do

Comments

• CocoaPuffBunnyCocoaPuffBunny Posts: 82Member Beginner
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Do not give up.  I have 5 Billion to my name after Playing all these years from NetMarble.  You can sell the ship and find one you can afford and sail.  Please don't quit.
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    OK, I'll try this once. If anybody posts they'll buy that HWJ I'll never be able to use for the 4b I paid within 72 hours I'll try again. A modded/graded CWJ or RWJ for 12b would be nice as well, I want to leave Seville and start long haul trading, and all the auras there give me a massive migraine, which contributed to my not being aware enough about the reqs for the HWJ. It's 9/16/20 4:14 AM MST, I'll check in here until 09/19/202 4:14 AM.
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

• CocoaPuffBunnyCocoaPuffBunny Posts: 82Member Beginner
    Cocoa-Puff is my most advanced toon at 39/60/24  After the Great Wipe I lost all desire and motivation.  I'm surprised I got up to those levels.  I stopped trying to "keep up".  I do not grind or level.  I cannot battle with claw-like, mostly paralyzed hands, using a mouse to push the cursor around, and a novelty rat-sized mouse to click.

Most of this game I have not done or have a clue about.  I have never modded or fused ships.  Never Treasure Hunted, Epic Sea Feud, Investment Battle, Cultural Contribution, Battle Campaign,  Ganador, Elections, Story Line, Aide Fleet.  Only did a few Oxford for ship speed up.  Tried Nanban a few times before the wipe, could not stand it . . . and the pirates setting up toll booths.  I need to do Circumnavigation, I need to Chart the North, I need to get unstuck from 60 trade.  I will never, ever refine a skill.  So much I haven't done, and have no clue about.  I try not to click on others, they are all 90/90/90 or whatever the max is now.  I do not even play during boosts, I prefer to stay at my levels, so I am not tempted to grind and be miserable, knowing I'll never "keep up".

I have many toons. 6 are "mains" and the others are storage.  Even the lowest of my storage alts can sail to the colony and back solo.  They all have farms at all 4 locations with Tuna and Colored Ore.  My company and colony were all built by me and my toons.  I would probably have more money, but I help others, who soon surpass me and leave me in their wake.  I make regular Spice runs for Nutmeg, Mace, Cloves, using only 2 toons.  I make all my food and items.  I do local spice merchant quests, or use the colony print shop for purchase orders.  I am self-sufficient.  I sell my spices in the company store for much less, and I always sell out.  I make a steady, modest profit.  I play occasionally, and for fun.  I refuse to "work" at a game or grind.  I am 62 years old; my grinding days are over.  I will buy No War Flags and Veils for spice runs.  Blue flags make the game downright enjoyable.  I don't need Blue Flags as I have high Storage, Procure, Fishing, Survival, Leadership, pathology, Fire Prevention, etc.  I never port and sail in deep seas, but Blue Flags are a joy.  Battle and Pirates are not in my game;  I rarely encounter them.

I was truly discouraged tonight.  I got a lady interested in this game.  I tried to help her out as much as I could.  I tried to encourage her.  She was so confused and overwhelmed.  I begged her to give it a chance, to no avail.  She probably would have stayed if they had the old school tutorial system.  I could not convince her to give it a chance.  It would have been nice to have a friend to play with, as my only other friend has mostly given up.  I came to the forums already depressed, and Twitchalot, your post was at the top, and made me even sadder.   Please don't quit.  Don't say goodbye.  Take a break and come back.  You can bounce back.  I know you are better than me;  I suck at games.  Come back and enjoy playing how YOU want to play.  Don't even worry about your levels compared to others.  Don't take games seriously, let others stress out.  I hope you stay. 

I am glad some players like you are taking the time to help newbies, especially with the Sarges school system in place, and I left a posting regarding that. And I can relate on the difficulties with using a mouse This has nothing to do with other players, I have Parkinson's Disease, which means among other things I have to keep stress in my life to a minimum. It also can mean times when it takes me 10-15 tries to transfer something between 2 toons because I keep right clicking half way through, which gets very.....exasperating. But that's not why I feel like giving up, it's mostly that I bought that HWJ and didn't even think to check it's lvl reqs before buying it that bothers me the most, because if I can make an error in judgement that glaring, how easy would I be to be fleeced by some scammer? I'll take a 3 day break and see if anything happens, like Nameless_Captain buying the HWJ back for 4b, no hard feelings, I don't think you were scamming me, I was simply overloaded and made a stupid decision. When I realized what I'd done I was so pissed at myself and the idea of trying to raise another 4b before being able to long haul trade in earnest was so overwhelming that I said "I give up".

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    4b? Is it uwc, i thought those ships can be made in game now? No ship thats made in game should cost that much unless it's either modded or graded. Sorry to hear 'if' you got scammed. Ships made in-game are cheap to make (literally nothing if you get the mats yourself). May be next time ask for SB services and get price checks first.

Maybe you can do some speed lvling to meet the requirements. Send me (Samantha99) a pm either in the evenings or weekends and I'll give you a hand to be able to use it or make you a ship you can use instead.
    IGN: Samantha99
    I don't think it was a scam, unless FatJoe and Nameless_Captain are known for that, idk, I've been back only a week after a one year medical leave. That HWJ is fully modded and graded ssu 1,2,3., so I'd say 4b was a reasonable ask, I just forgot to check it's reqs. As for speed leveling, I understand doing it with trade using spice and nanban goods or BR's for battle, but as a hardcore adventure player I deplore using the TH method for speed raising adventure levels, it just feels wrong to me. I never did it on GAMA with CullumStraun or William_Adams, and won't on Maris either. I do appreciate your offer though. I'll just wait until early Saturday morning and see i anyone offers to buy the HWJ or better yet if Nameless_Captain buys it back and then take it from there.

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    ok atleast it was modded. ya try and get your monies worth reselling if you can. maybe use ivyro or similar site to research something more suited to you and your lvls.
    IGN: Samantha99
    What would be perfectly suited for my levels and needs is a 1050+ cargo max sails, turn WR ssu 1,2,3 national(especially Porto) or noc/celeb/cerem/nob/fest wood CWJ or RWJ(OK, even I admit that's getting a bit picky xD), good as a lead long haul trader or adventure ship, and I'll hopefully have almost enough to buy one. I mean at this point I'd take 3.5b or even just ask what g6 matt ships are worth, no offense to the SB who built and modded it intended. As I said my biggest concern in this is my inability to remember something as critical as checking the levels on a ship to see If I can use it before final clicking on a trade. My capacity is a diminishing returns equation due to my condition, with possibilities of memory and mental control problems being the only thing that increases over time, and the last thing I want is to have any of that spill into this community, meaning if I do this, I'll have to monitor myself closely and also not overdo it, short log-ins, ie: x number of adventure quests/thesis or Lisbon-> Ambon-> Lisbon 1 time only. And I do have 2 toons in school chat, so, I can offer advice/help to newbies as well, which I always enjoy doing. Maybe Papaya could revive the Deckhands or some such thing.

Well, I am both impressed and touched, yet not really all that surprised that Nameless_Captain bought the HWJ back. And not surprised because I've always maintained that UWO players are mostly decent, community minded people who aren't out to put the screws to each other and will do the right thing when given the opportunity. So, my thanks to you Nameless_Captain. I just hope if(when?) I make another mistake that bad that someone as decent as you were to me is who I'm dealing with, because I truly do live on the milk of human kindness, both in-game and irl.
    purplepirate

• fjachavesfjachaves Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Guuuuys would anyone send me the UWO installer? The site hasn't the right file cause it's size's around 1Mb sooo I can't install it on my new PC. Would u help me? Thanks, I'll wait for an answer 

• FlorianGeyerFlorianGeyer Posts: 214Member Trainee
    @fjachaves  ... and try the right Topic hehe!

I'm glad you're still with us Twitchalot. I can only agree with you that UWO has one of the kindest communities in "gameland". Also I note that a lot of us vets are missing one or more elder ingame friends they used to know back in the GAMA days; so do I. Probably because they helped you out back in the days or because you had wonderfull adventures and achievements together, I think that's what makes UWO such a warm game to play even when out at the Ice cold  Northern seas.

At this moment I'm struggling too to play UWO for some more time a week but that has another cause since my pc keeps closing the game down instantly at startup every single time. So only when I have the time and courage to take out my good old MSI gaming laptop you might see me out at sea.

Ever since I've been playing UWO, not a minute I've considered playing to be at the top of level players. Every once I logon I'm only looking for a pleasant adventure, a satisfying trade or a nice chitchat with some ingame friends. I did spent some real money and it gave me some nice ships which can still be upgraded more but since the style of playing I prefer, there's no hurry with that and beside there's no money with that. From the day Maris launched untill today I only managed to collect 1,5bil ingame money on my main toon. let's say a bit over 2 bil if I count all my toons together. That might give you an idea how long it will take before I'll ever be able to max my CWM and/or my SWJ. 
    Of course I sometimes wish I had higher levels for one or some advantage it has but then again I look at all I allready have achieved and what smaller and more realistic targets I can set for myself.
    It wasn't untill Maris when I first did a Nanban trade, went to discover Atlantis, helped build a colony, did my first dungeon,... inspite of having played UWO for many years before on GAMA mainly hanging around in Europe making small profit trades in a Flemish Galleon.
    Now I even try to help new players as much as I can, gosh I miss the old schooling system for this and still I can be seen as an UWO-noob but I don't care as long as I'm having fun with it.

When I look back at all of that, I'm proud of what I've achieved with my toons so far and that keeps me going even in the more difficult days.

I hope my short story will motivate you and people in your situation even more not to give up the game and its community too soon when having a hard time.

Yours,
     Flo!
    purplepirateTwitchalot
    Be safe and prosper!