Best Cannons for ESF ?

Ginny1Ginny1 Posts: 22Member Beginner
I've heard from different players, but haven't found a consensus on what are the best cannons to use for ESF.
I assume the best would all be forged and maxed, and be 18's
Here is what I have heard so far

Hyper Cannons
Hyper Carronades
Hyper Seraphims
Refitted Grand Seraphims
Hyper Volkans
Deluxe Black Cannons

Appreciate everyone's opinion. 

Maybe we can get a consensus

Ginny1

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    Interesting that you didn't put exploders on that list. why? Exploders are some of the most effective cannons in esf for light and standard rounds. Especially in light rounds where ship armor is light and crew is low, you can take out ships with a single shot! Even in heavy rounds, i've had shots where i've done as much as 200 crew damage to ships from either a critical shot or combo shot with other fleet members.

Food for thought :)
    IGN: Samantha99
  • SpooklesSpookles Posts: 287Member Intermediate
    It's very much based on your own skill set.
    In general I'd say Hyper Cannons & Refitted Grand Seraphims are the best.
    Hyper Cannons are easy, you don't need anything to make them work. But they have a short range and long reload.
    Refitted Grand Seraphims are crazy, not only do they have decent range but they're also super powerful when combined with the aide skill Enhanced Chain Shot > http://uwodbmirror.ivyro.net/eg/main.php?id=30001423

But then again, Hyper Cheminees, Volkans and Carronades have each their own ship skill that make them extra useful. Aka Special Smoke Bomb, Heavy Bombing and Armouring Deterioration Bullet.
    Forgot to add;

Some cannons also have a lower minimal range (if that makes sense) like Hyper Cannons can be fired nearly point blank with Accuracy, whilst the other cannons can't. So that depends on the role you want to fulfill as tank or sniper.
  • Ginny1Ginny1 Posts: 22Member Beginner
    Thank you all.  I will add Exploders to the list.
    So if you play and have good cannons, what 2 or 3 skills are the best to maximize: , accuracy, penetration, etc.?
    Just trying to learn.
    Thank you again

In general only Accuracy & Ballistics get used in PVP. And then combined with a defensive skill, like Evasion or Double-Shot Defense. Reloading and Penetration rarely get used.
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    I've been unable to play for 2 days, PD symptoms taking their toll, but I can still type with one hand xD. Even though I'm unable to participate in participate in battle, at least, effectively, in naval at all and in land/dungeon barely, I'll weigh in here just to espouse my beginning naval battle tactic, as simple as it is: "Punch big holes in the enemies ships, and light them on fire at the same time, and do so from as far away from them as possible." Always seemed to be a sensible tactic to follow, so of course, Volkans. Although I do like what purplepirate said about Exploders. Maybe a fleet of 5 with 2 having Volkans and 3(including the Admiral) Exploders might be an effective tactic, especially in light and mid rounds as was mentioned Please feel free to critique this, and don't dampen your guns when doing so, just be polite is all I ask, as I haven't participated in a naval battle, at least, voluntarily, in over 4 years. Oh and, is FCFV still a good admirals ship? I had one on GAMA that Notrherner had modded(and later graded after)and then given to me, I found it to be a very effective battle ship with the skills that North modded on for effecting fleet maintenance and was still able to get some shots off due to high dura(1106 base, I think 1450-ish was what it had). And if the FCFV hasn't been released on Maris yet, maybe now is the time. 

Thanks!
    Cullum
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
    @Spookles sorry boo but you've been out of the PvP loop for awhile. It's accuracy, penetration and evasion that are the main skills used. ballistics isn't needed as much now since uwc and hyper guns have good range on them. Also once in combat, ships get close enough to eachother that ballistics is a waste now
    @Ginny1 the guns i suggested are...

uwc: modified grand exploders
    ingame: hyper grand exploders
    @Twitchalot yes, exploder guns are more effective when used with other guns that have a strong 'burst' effect so volkans are great to use with them!
    Twitchalot
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    Thanks for the feedback, good to know my tactical mind has stayed sharp even though I can't participate without being a serious anchor/drag to a battle fleet. I just figured the Exploders keeping the number of sailors down makes the fires last longer is all. Oh and, anything re: FCFV(First Class Flagship Viasseau) ? I haven't seen any for sale in merch/shout or forums.
    purplepirate
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
  • falleiderfalleider Posts: 14Member Beginner
    Any grand modified exploders for me.