Nanban helpful info

UWOJibiDehUWOJibiDeh Posts: 15Member Beginner
Hi all

I thought I'd share some info on nanban trading that I haven't seen posted elsewhere. Many of you probably know about this already, but I'm often surprised to find out how many, even veteran players, don't know this.

On the IVYRO page, on the left hand menu, there is a section called 'Trade Goods'. Within that section there is a page for each trade good type, such as Foodstuffs etc. Clicking on any of those gives you a list of all the trade goods within that type. Now, here's the trick... With any of those trade good type pages open, go to the top of the page and click on the Taiwanese translation. Only in the Taiwanese translation, you will see a list of percentages next to each trade good, representing the percentage on trade that you can get in each of the four nanban zones, in the order of: Korea, Japan, Taiwan, South China.

Look up 'Sundries' for an example, and you'll see that Western Books trade at 8% in Korea, 22% in Japan, 80% in Taiwan, and 76% in China. A figure of 100% means that you'll get a maximum 1:3 basic trade assuming the backstocks are favourable. With Nanban Purveyors Certificates, that will be a 1:1 trade. These percentages modify that 1:3 ratio proportionately. Look through the tables and you'll find some EA goods will trade as high as 120% in some other EA zones, which is really useful for trading chains that can help you gain contribution points in all EA zones.

One example of a trading chain would be:
Trading wine/glasswork for Katanas at 100% in Japan,
Katanas for Water Buffalo at 120% in Taiwan,
Water Buffalo for Yangzhou Chestnut at 120% in Korea,
Yangzhou Chestnut for Chinese Brocade at 100% in South China,
Chinese Brocade for Katanas at 120% in Japan, and so on.

The possible combinations are extensive, and can free you up to break free of the same old wine trading that everyone else does.

I hope some of you find this info useful. Drop me a wave in game (IGN Koli, Shibboleth, Ceddo) if you appreciated it!
purplepirate

Comments