England Event Quest

MurrlanMurrlan Posts: 3Member Beginner
So I've been doing the Event Quest chain for England and I'm at Chapter 17.  I need to head to Luanda and destroy everything in my path.  I met up with the 3 galleons off the coast of Portugal and defeated them.  I didn't head straight to Luanda but did some other stuff first.  I then headed to Luanda and when I got there no Sea Brigade in the town.  Did I miss something along the way?

Comments

• UWOJibiDehUWOJibiDeh Posts: 15Member Beginner
    I believe there's a fleet near Luanda. Perhaps just retrace your steps and make the journey again without deviations t make sure you don't miss anything else.
    Murrlan
  • MurrlanMurrlan Posts: 3Member Beginner
    Thanks!  Once I sailed out a bit further from Luanda I saw the NPC ship.  Liza and I got our butts handed to us, so I'll have to try again.
  • skawefskawef Posts: 12Member Beginner

Sigh. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to properly post responses in these forums. I’ll try again using a different browser.
    The advice I was given was to get some Letters of Appreciation by rescuing NPCs from disasters at sea and use them to summon Large Fleet Reinforcements.

https://unchartedwaters.fandom.com/wiki/Letter_of_Appreciation_of_Seafarers
    Murrlan
    I have several of them and I was wondering if they would work since the fight is part of the quest chain and not a random battle.  I'll need to try that.  Thanks for the idea!
    "I have several of them and I was wondering if they would work since the fight is part of the quest chain and not a random battle.  I'll need to try that.  Thanks for the idea!"

It worked!