Forum update?

HipatiaHipatia Posts: 59Approved Member Beginner
Dear Papaya Team,

Why don't you install a real forum so we can use even some basic futures like: quoting, multi quoting, searching in particular categories instead of whole forum when it is needed and many other user friendly option which every normal forum system has.
And maybe it is most important, the users to have and option to choose a Display name for the forum instead everyone to see their logging ID as Display name. This way some hacking attempts will be avoided and and all thinking users won't pushed to make extra accounts in order to use this "messaging system".

I have more to say but for now let's just make baby steps.  :) 

MateaB1Rhaellasboredascrap0funchick96
The drops of the sweat build up the Master!

Comments

• MateaB1MateaB1 Posts: 351Approved Member Intermediate
    edited June 2016
    +1 I absolutely agree with the above comment (can't quote, so I hope it's still "above"). I had to create a new account with my old forum name as a new ID name, just to make a post and that other players would know it's me, not to mention that all pics are supertiny...

P.S. I just earned some badges with this post. WTF, ppl can earn something for trolling? I hope they fix this and only "likes" will count...
    TomoriiMollyfunchick96
  • NegronforceNegronforce Posts: 26Approved Member
    +10 point for ur coment.

• TomoriTomori Posts: 561Approved Member Intermediate
    Well yeah i agree too, it could've been better but we will get used to it.. 
    Submit a ticket by clicking on these yellow letters.

• RiskyyRiskyy Posts: 3Approved Member
    Just a functioning forum would be nice, I can't even change my display picture :)
  • ForumPokerForumPoker Posts: 99Approved Member Beginner
    I agree as well.

Though I guess the forum is still a work in progress.
    IGN: Sorli / PokerFace

Twitch / YouTube
    @ForumPoker Woot! You are here too! They haven't transfer your posts from nexon :C
    ForumPoker

• ForumPokerForumPoker Posts: 99Approved Member Beginner
    @Tomori Yeah all my "work" is gone...QQ But 150 posts already cmon, that's even more than I did back then. >.<

Anyway I would love to edit my posts later as well, as it seems you got only 1 hour at the moment to edit your posts. If you are making a guide or a suggestion this simply sucks.
    IGN: Sorli / PokerFace

Twitch / YouTube
    @ForumPoker Yeah this limitation you have to edit your posts sucks :/

• RhaellasRhaellas Posts: 96Approved Member Beginner
    I agree. This really needs improvement, and I also created a forum only account.  So people don't see my login name for game.  They really really need to fix that!  We should all be able to choose our own screen name for forum purposes.

+10 on this topic
  • funchick96funchick96 Posts: 142Approved Member
    Also, if someone wants to stay logged in on the Forums, don't "time out" their stay.  I don't see any security risks for allowing this.  Used to be able to keep logged on ALWAYS (often even during Maints). With Nexon, one-or-two clicks and I was exactly back into Forums wherever I wanted to be.

Now, when Forum connection "times out" after about an hour, one has to sign back into account, click on game, click on Forums, wait for Papaya to do some sort of song-and-dance refresh ("Please Wait"), then click on Topic Area, and THEN (after ALL of that nonsense), you're back in.  

A couple of seconds versus almost a minute....too much to ask?
    Custom Avatar
  • CynnisterCynnister Posts: 110Approved Member Trainee
    edited June 2016
    I +100 this!. A few little changes in this forum would make a huge impact on a lot of people in a positive 
    way. A quote button, a report button and some moderators would be a blessing.
    A better activity tab would be great as well. When you post on multiple threads being able to go to the 
    activity and see if someone has commented on where you left off could speed things up as well. unless 
    it';s just me and I"m the only one having issues lol. It wouldn't be the first time....
    MsManaShockdevoveo1PappyPlay
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~Cynnister~

Just click on your acount name top right corner of screen, go to my account, next on account details see that camera like icon? 1 click on it. No thx needed =P Just bear in mind we got restriction up to 1 MB.

And yeah I agree to ideas of allowing to quote etc etc.

Well, in his defense I had a bug when I first tried and I could not change my picture. I do know that if it is over the size limit it will NOT change after the page refreshes. 
    But, if a person isn't even taking the time to read and setup their profile than that's on them lol.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~Cynnister~
    Even simple changes to the Forums would be appreciated.  For example, having a "flag" on items you've responded to.  And the counts: they seem to come and go.  (Counts for number of respondents to each discussion topic etc.)
    Cynnister
    I really hope they have someone reading these and taking some notes lol. This forum is in desperate need of an overhaul!.
    ~Cynnister~