KWR Update Thread (Many balance patches!) (New post, graphics and interesting files)

KillingtimeKillingtime Posts: 246Member Trainee
edited July 2017 English
So Dream Execution started a still on going series of balance/renewal patches end of February in Korean WR, Philippines WR also got few of first patches few months later and the PHWR GM said in the patch notes that those patches will be implemented to all versions of WR, so we are confirmed to get them as well.

The first balance patch they implemented in late February was "Weapon Balance Patch", this patch included the following:

-NTW-20 series
-SR2 Veresk Dual
-Stinger Winter
-DSR1TC series
-AK47 Dual
-AK47TC series
-M134 series
-G36 RB (doesn't affect us as we had normal stats for this weapon)
-X95 series
-There was also other weapons buffed that werent listed or mentioned, those weapons are Desert Eagle, Magnum and Throwing Knife.

Full details can be found from here: (You can use Google Chrome auto translate to read it)
http://warrock.co.kr/sub_main/board/board_view.asp?idx=62&bo_table=note&pn=1&sn=2

The second balance patch that they implemented in March was "Equipment Balance patch", this patch included the following:

-So basically they made the stationary equipments more "flexible" so you can see more angles and maybe buff for the defense too.
-Humvee M2 got a shield for the machine gun
-Buff for AAV7A1 and Luchs defenses.
-More flexible view for Chunma (?)
-K1A1 2nd and 3rd position machine guns made more flexible so they can cover more angles.
-Blackhawks defense nerf
-M2 and M60 mounted machine guns, less time to overheat, added spread.
-Blackhawk, Hindi, MD500, Hamina Minigun, reduced damage, added spread.
-Other tank machine guns, adjusted damage, added spread.
-Luchs, Wiesel and M2A2 tank cannons, adjusted damage, added spread.
-A-10 Plane, increased cannon shooting speed, reduced Bomb damage and speed.
-Oerlikon and Gebard 35MM AA-gun, Increased damage, increased shooting speed, reduced cooldown, changed explosion effect, added spread. (these help so much!)
-K1A1, Leopard, Leclarc, M1128MGS, Merkava MK4, M551 Sheridan tanks, adjusted damage.
-Humvee avenger, increased shooting speed and damage and effective radius.
-Tow, increased shooting speed and velocity.
-Apache and Blackhawk hellfire missiles, added "bulletdrop" and spread and slightly reduced effective radius.

Then they made an announcement regarding that they will be doing map renewal/balance patches, they have made 2 map renewal/balance patches already and next week they will be doing some small improvements, here is a list of changes that KWR have gotten so far:

1. Conturas
-Replace the MD500 with Blackhawk minigun for each base.
-Add one Oerlikon and Gebard for each base.
-Add two SU-47s and F-22s for each base.
-Additional placement of motorcycles at all neutral locations

2. Death Hill

-Re-positioning of equipment recall and battle support.
-Replace Lecler with M109A6_ ​​Paladin (self-propelled) in all summons

3. Ohara
-Two T-80U tanks and three motorcycles added to each base
-Announced for next Thursday patch: Some improvements for Ohara map topography (renewed hills?!)

4. Thamugadi
-Replaced Chinook with the Apache helicopter that was deployed in Derbaran
-Move the Derbaran base closer to the center of the map (8th flag in front of Der base is deleted)

5. Zakhar
-Added stairs to the top of the hangar building located in each main base.
(You can now get in to your base roof easily)

6. Disturm
-Replace the Rafale plane in each base with the A-10 plane.
-Add one Gepard and one PWC boat to each base.
-Added CM-11 tanks for flags next to each main base.

7. Random maps/other stuff
-PH WR also got the lower "alt-limits" from Korean WR, I believe its 300 or 350 for maps like Engrene and Crater and 500 for Maps like Conturas.
-In next weeks patch notes it was mentioned that Beringia, Nerbil and Winter Forest will get "Re-applied map effects", I think it means renewed map effects though.
-Some minor map renewal for Modern House and Cold Cave, no idea what they did for Cold Cave but pic related is for Modern House

That's it for now, going to add more information as they come, so far the changes have been very positive for what I have tested in Korean WR and I can't wait to get them to our version.

Edit1: From 21.6 Korean WR patch notes for Team Balance Function:

So
you will now have option for room Balancing feature in the room options
I guess and if you use this feature you will get 10% more EXP/Dinar,
thx god it gives more EXP/Dinar so its a little more appealing for
people who don't care about balance etc.
UraniumWRllfr4nll

Comments

• YallentinsYallentins Posts: 6Member Beginner
    After 10 years DreamExecution recognized that some maps are "unbalanced"? Insane :-D
    RealBanter
  • KillingtimeKillingtime Posts: 246Member Trainee
    edited June 2017
    Third Map Reneval patch:

1. Cantumira
    - Moving Derbaran's original position to the No. 2 neutral position
    - Structural change of existing No.2 Neutral Site
    - Replace the CRRC boat in the Derbaran camp with an MK-V boat
    - KA-50 HOKUM attack helicopter placed in neutral position 3

2. Zadar
    - Replace three Humvee vehicles in each base, one T80U, one M1128, and one M551

3. Pargona East
    -Add 1 Gebard and Chunma to each base
    Drag N Drop the pictures to new tab to see bigger pictures.

Interesting changes, Chunma should help against MD500's..
    UraniumWRllfr4nll
  • xhawkeye08xhawkeye08 Posts: 11Member Beginner
    heyyyyy yallentins.......Better late than never,but for many players too late
    edited June 2017
    From tomorrows Korean WR patch notes:

So you will now have option for room Balancing feature in the room options I guess and if you use this feature you will get 10% more EXP/Dinar, thx god it gives more EXP/Dinar so its a little more appealing for people who don't care about balance etc.

This is quite a big surprise bomb from Dream Execution. Don't know what to expect anymore lol.

This is quite a big news so let me make this clear and visible:
    TEAM BALANCE FUNCTION CONFIRMED

Edit: More info:
    Screen of the room settings, "Automatic Team Balance"

Room lobby before start

After the game started and the balancing feature divided teams

End score

So we got really balanced and close game, except that the opposing team had more characters and some pay2win weapons lol. I played with AK74U and M60/K2.

Gonna update tomorrow if it will balance during the game too, I believe it does because it wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

Edit2: It apparently won't balance during game if the other team is losing hard, it will only balance when people join the room, like putting them to certain team.

Also its turned off as a default, should be on as a default and maybe you could only turn it off if you have premium, that would help when new/f2p players make a room, at least they would have higher changes of getting balanced teams.
    llfr4nll
  • PonuryPonury Posts: 219Member Trainee
    Saddly It's only a game mode :/ They should applied it to every mode in game.
    Playing War Rock since 04/2007
  • SirJuxSirJux Posts: 64Member Beginner
    Well if a clan wants to fight together vs randomers/other clan, then autobalance would mess the teams up completely. So it shouldnt be forced for all game modes.
    RealBanter
  • linkinxerolinkinxero Posts: 174Member Trainee
    Isn't there a friendly clan war function already in the game? Not using autobalancing in that should be fine.

But that does mean not dealing with public opponents, which I think is absolutely fine. We don't need that kind of stacking, no siree.
    Killingtime
    Much needed features on a forum
    1. A spoiler tag or otherwise collapsible element.
    2. More flexible tabling.
    3. Not being forced to sign out.
    4. Quoting buttons.

edited June 2017
    4th Map Renewal Patch:

1.Crater
    - Adding buildings to NIU headquarters - Placing Chinook transport helicopters on NIU headquarters
    - Add 8th flag to NIU East Beach
    - Added air defense equipment to each base

2. Highlands
    - Map Central Apache helicopter change the structure of the periphery and remove neutral position
    - Added air defense equipment to each base

3. Zero point
    - Replace the Chinook transport helicopter in each base with the A-10 attacker
    - Changed the helicopter landing area in each base to runway

So pretty good stuff once again, funny that I though how Crater NIU base could use Chunma and some kind of building and that Highlands could use some AA in the base and it was exactly what happened!

I think about 3/5th of the BG maps are done now. There isn't that much wrong with the rest of the maps, they could just use some spicing to make them more appealing.

Also I hope they can do these a bit faster so we could get all renewed maps for the Papaya launch.
    llfr4nll
  • bigguysambigguysam Posts: 4Member Beginner
    I feel like people complain way way wayyy too much about petty stuff as I'v looked through the forums. Im curious if you are basically wanting a KWR copy? I'v personally felt like the maps are already good and each base has its advantage and disadvantages with a good team you can down any heli or tank in seconds. With the fairness of gameplay, its pretty much about how stacked the teams are, WHICH NOTHING can be done about. Why would the freedom to join a game and choose the side be removed? You want all to be joined randomly on random teams? That'd be stupid. You want a whole map rework to imitate KWR? Even KWR players complain about their game we can't assume everything in KWR is better. Even weapon stat balances shouldnt even change unless a skinned version is different, it should be changed to the original guns stats. Who says an AK must be like KWR? The weapon stats have been fine people always want nerfs when they get killed. What if KWR stats are the wrong ones? See like I don't understand what everyone complains about. We just simply need a fully operational clan system with improvements, and active admins to ban hackers and ovcers then a proper marketing campaign to bring in player flow. It's quite simple really.
  • SirJuxSirJux Posts: 64Member Beginner
    Game balancing for any game should be a must. Over time the game is filled with more and more stronger weapons and thats why a lot of people stop playing. Good example is Runescape. At the start if you saw 30+ hit you felt pro, now every1 is 1 hitting full hp players like its nothing. Same is with war rock. In order that  the players would buy new weps, they make them stronger and stronger in time. At one point there has to come out quite large nerf storm, so that the game wouldn't fill up with 1 hit kill weapons.
    And then they can slowly start adding stronger weps again.

Map changes are also nice for any game. I absolutely dont understand how players can play only one map thousands of times on small maps at cqc. Even cqc maps need rework( stop making 1-2 speed roll into first contact maps - then I would maybe even try cqc also ).

edited June 2017
    @bigguysam People complain because the game is dying and we want to save it and make it better, don't you realize that? There is what..max 1000 players online now? Or less and its dropping. Also this thread is not for complaining, its about information what we will get from KWR. (yes these are confirmed to come in our version)

"even KWR players complain about their game, we cant assume everything in KWR is better"

I have played Korean WR just as long as I have played Global WR and I can tell you that most of the things in KWR are indeed better and yes they complain but way less because they have way less problems, they have complained about unbalanced weapons and then DE balanced some weapons and it has been good now, people have been very satisfied, a lot positive comments at the KWR forums and plenty of new players joining and old players returning.

And you want more players? Most people nowadays have standards, about balance/pay2win etc. you can read steam reviews about popular games and disliked games, disliked games usually have things like pay2win and unbalance in common, WR has HUGE potential still even 10 years after its release, if Papaya plays their cards right they can make WR could be really popular game again one day. You just have to trust us on this one.

And about the rest of your stuff, like I said, this is not a thread for that stuff, this is for information about KWR updates and what are coming later in our version.

If you want to talk/understand about weapon balance, you can do it in this thread:
    http://forum.papayaplay.com/index.php?p=/discussion/356155/weapon-map-gameplay-balance-f2p-model-balance-and-solutions-explained-ideas/p1

Also what is your in-game name?

@Sirjux Agreed except they don't need to keep adding stronger weps again, instead add balanced interesting weapons/items once in a while.

Also you can rush that fast now because they added characters that give 10% sp boost, its too much, without it it was fine really.

But yeah lets keep this thread about the updates.

llfr4nll
  • bigguysambigguysam Posts: 4Member Beginner
    @killingtime.
    im on my phone so dont mind the punctuation but thats totally understandable that stuff is of opinion though and differs greatly by each player. An example of this type of situation is if no one knew the stats of a weapon (lets say ak47) and asked the community what stats it should have, youd get thousands of answer variations. Theres no set weapon stat because technically its a game. But i personally did enjoy reading and thinking about your posts you displayed for us. Good to read and keep in tbe back of the head. Youre right pay2win DEFINETLY needs to ne minimilized and i know for a fact theres ways to do it and revolutionize WarRock again.

@sirjux
    i see what youre saying BUT lets not forget RS is different and works on increasing your RNG chances and even they at runescape have ways of balancing.

On WarRock, regardless of what weapon someone uses if youre better, youre better. I personally dont feel much difference in weapons even if there is. I could play a typical game of WarRock with g36, famas, xm8, p90, m4a1, its all there and all effective. It really is just eye candy at that point. If you like the sound and look of famas buy it, if not k1 or m4a1 or scar even are all useable. Its really not pay2win technically, its just pay to level up faster at this point(xp ups and prem). One thing i DO see as 100% pay2win would be body armor. That is something id complain about.
    The 4th renewal  patch is going to be tomorrow ;)
    But there is another surprise. They are adding back pings to the game:

"6. Improvements

* User ping status check function added
    * Added ability to check the status of user's pinging in the room and in-game"

I think everyone can't wait to have this in our version :D
    Killingtime
    @Ponury You can only see the ping like this with the bars in lobby and in-game:

Also extra, interesting files from KWR patch:

Play, pause and a stop button hmm... Some interesting logos too and also "Premium" text in Korean, they have never had a Premium before, interesting.

llfr4nll
    @Killingtime
    "Play, pause and a stop button hmm... Some interesting logos too and also "Premium" text in Korean, they have never had a Premium before, interesting."

Yea it's strange ;d In game recording or something like that? Who know ...

"You can only see the ping like this with the bars in lobby and in-game:"

Better than nothing :D (Nice ping btw xD)
    edited July 2017
    Also I didn't mention about the graphics updates for some reason, those actually make the maps feel better somehow.

So in the first balance patch notes they also mentioned this:

The development team has improved map graphics since the last weapon and equipment balance patch.

We developed the Ambient Occlusion function, which makes the shadow more natural and realistic.
    In order to use this feature, it was necessary to replace all the map resources.
    So, while modifying the map resource, we have also modified the map balance that had been delayed.

And I believe there was something about the lights too, I have seen some differences.

Here are some comparison pictures etc:

And my favorite, The Spooky Spot:

Here is a good example of the changed lights, looks way better:

Some of these might not look like much in these pictures but in-game they made quite difference in some maps. (Also drag n drop to new tab for bigger pictures)

6 days until Papaya, fingers crossed that we will get all these updates for the launch.
    llfr4nll
  • Mrterr0rMrterr0r Posts: 244Member Trainee
    All these changes which will make zero difference in game. Have DE ever read the EU forums over the years or do they only cater to Korean players? Who have a different outlook to gaming then we do?

If anything a lot of the map updates are going to cause more issues then the solve.

Beta then 2007-2020
    edited July 2017
    @Mrterr0r The visual changes? Just make better feeling. But the other changes makes a night and day difference.

And I'm pretty sure previous publishers has informed DE with players requests, I'm not sure if it was me or someone else who requested the auto team balance feature and we actually got it, its not as good as we hoped for but it helps a lot.

And these updates itself won't cause issues itself because they are meant to help the balance, there will be only issues now because of aw50f/mk1s if they don't get nerfed, other than that it will be great.
    llfr4nll
  • linkinxerolinkinxero Posts: 174Member Trainee

Better than nothing :D (Nice ping btw xD) - @Ponury

Ayeeee... just like the days when everyone thought their 0 ping meant they had no lag to everyone else.
    Much needed features on a forum
    1. A spoiler tag or otherwise collapsible element.
    2. More flexible tabling.
    3. Not being forced to sign out.
    4. Quoting buttons.

• hiddenlyhiddenly Posts: 7Member Beginner
    Woah, I like these implements pretty much. They could still give us old version of crater which disappeared in 2009 if I'm correct. That thing with apache and md500 on this map was charmful af. Good one Killingtime, Keep telling us what's new.
  • hiddenlyhiddenly Posts: 7Member Beginner
    Woah, I like these implements pretty much. They could still give us old version of crater which disappeared in 2009 if I'm correct. That thing with apache and md500 on this map was charmful af. Good one Killingtime, Keep us informed what's new.
    Most things from the "Equipment balance patch" just got implemented at the launch, you can read what we got from the first post on this thread, below I will mention things that we didn't get/are left unfixed:
    -Blackhawk minigun still does big "splash damage" so its still quite overpowered.
    -Some machine guns still have too much damage such as M1A1 main machine gun and few others that do 40 damage per bullet to anywhere, that's too much, other similar machine guns do max 30 damage to chest
    -Machine gun damage to head is bugged, its like 5 damage, somethings like 50 would be fine for headshot.
    -Some vehicles still have old defenses, like Apache still takes 3 stinger shots to take down, its 2 in kwr.
    -M1A1 tank has 2nd position changed but third one still has the old view.

And we got the ping feature too, I will also update whenever we actually get some of these updates to our version.

@hiddenly hey nice to see you here, yeah pretty good stuff, I will keep you informed in this thread.

llfr4nll
    No map updates this time unfortunately, even though they have done them every few weeks and last one was 2 weeks ago..

Here are some todays KWR update stuff:

The characters had 3%+3% stats and the parts had 1% lol, I approve, maybe they have heard peoples voices about OP characters.
    llfr4nll
    Also Bizon_Summer looks pretty fun with the summer versions improved stats, that's like +6% damage so should be decent now. The normal one could use these stats too since its pretty bad afaik.

llfr4nll
    Oh bizon, funny weapon that was for zombies :D
    I want this Breacher char ASAP in our version xD
  • xlmiracleszxlmiraclesz Posts: 16Member Beginner
    Two video's with new content:
    1: Dusk Valley with f-22 and f-16 
    2: Conturas with su-47 
    Alright we finally have some more map renews, or this time its a mode renew, etc.

1. Renewed infantry map

* Renewal map : Marien, Khali
    * Content : Apply AO

So just visual upgrades I believe, we already got the Marien in our version.

2. Updated Marble mission, change to specific mode instead of existing map

3. Renewal of the Capture mode

Loving what they did for this mode, this should make it so much better and I love the fact that they are thinking things like whether its too easy for sniper etc.

Also btw. its such a shame that they only implemented half of the vehicle balance and left some of the most OP things there.. that on top of OP weapons and BG just remains the absolute cancer in our version, makes me so mad that its so bad now when there is so much more potential..

Oh well..we'll see soon whether Papaya will attempt to make our version as good as the Korean version..
    iGetablellfr4nll
  • iGetableiGetable Posts: 28Member Beginner
    Hello,

I'll be sharing the serious thoughts when it comes to overall War Rock Korean version of the game and it's updates.

I think the reason they are getting better updates for the game is because of the community interaction with the development team is there 24/7 unlike with our game, we have 3rd party service like Papaya forwarding our games concerns and issues, which I either can be right/wrong of, and, also their community most likely insults Dream Execution for badly executed server patches, and I think their server tickrate or whatever is drastically better than it in our version, since u know, we see people walking through the damn wall for some reason, and, KWR doesn't really have it unless you're far off from the server (but still, it won't happen as regularly as it does in IWR (International War Rock) which also I can be right/wrong of)

@KillingTime

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but do they have a working anti-cheat and do they have less cheaters in the game overall and do you like not get killed behind of a wall or have an after kill situation like you do in this bloody game?
    @iGetable They have anti cheat but they don't have cheaters because of the laws in Korea, you can get Jail time for cheating etc. I have seen like 5 or less cheaters during my 6 years of playing kwr.

Also Koreans have super good internet so they don't have any lag problems but there is something else too because they don't have any of the weird lags that we have, like rolling trough walls etc. dying before you see the enemy, even if you test foreigner vs foreigner, its good. It could be the tickrate or it could be something else, I'm not sure, cause I believe that we got tickrate upped in our version and its better but you still can't react to people rushing you/they still roll trough walls.

Same in PHWR, they also don't have the weird lags, even though they have super bad internet there lol.

Also in Papayaplays stream they said that they are in touch with DE everyday, who knows how Nexon was in contact with them, there might been even some communication problems, Papaya has English speaking Korean person there so its easy to communicate even if DE doesn't speak good English.

And KWR isn't getting better updates, they have problems as well, but they usually got fixed faster, this might be because of the Korean to Korean communication as well.
    And when it comes to them having "more" content, is actually not true, they have some maps that we don't have but we have some maps that they don't have actually. And at the end of the Nexon era we started to get less updates solely because Nexon was gonna get rid of WR so thats why we are a lot behind in updates atm.

We should know about upcoming content next Friday on their upcoming content stream etc. the weapon balance is coming next patch, which could be next wed-thurs night, so lets just wait some more now.
    iGetablellfr4nll
  • iGetableiGetable Posts: 28Member Beginner
    Thank you for taking your time to explain the situation to me @KillingTime.

Since discovering War Rock while it was in the K2/Gamersfirst era, I have always wanted to explore out towards other versions of the game, I have tried the Japanese version of the War Rock, even the Philippines version of the War Rock (Remember when Nathie made a video about it) -- Only version that I couldn't never try is Korean one, but I also know it takes a lot to make an account there, so I never really bothered making one either.

I truly hope that Papaya takes better approach when it comes to the game and takes care of it like non the other previous owners have, but we could never live up to the hype or hope that they do, K2/G1 had one of the best communities while the game was on Chapter 1 era (Yes I know that, still remember it), the game since then has gone down hill due the GamersF and Nexon, unsure why, but it happened.
    hiddenlyN0HCH0