[Papaya War Rock] Weapon Balance (Part 1)

WarRockTeamWarRockTeam Posts: 206Approved Member, WR LGM Trainee
edited August 2017 English
Hello Soldiers!

We are happy to present to you our first Weapon Balancing patch! This patch was solely made for our version of War Rock. We want to continue to try and improve the game and we know that a big part of that is balancing.

Please watch the following video and then go in-game to test the weapons out for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0qgL6uCCmE

Please give us your feedback regarding our first Weapon Balance patch. If possible keep it concise. If you would like to talk more regarding possible future balances please create another discussion and link it here so we can keep everything nice and organized.

Weapons that were modified by us in this patch:
Gauntlet, Glock, Desert Eagle, Scar_H, XM8, AK47, G36, Spectre M4, P90, Vector, AW50F, PSG_1, MK1S

Weapons that were modified by DE:
Stinger Winter, DSR1TC, NTW-20

The modifications of the weapons we listed apply to all versions of the gun.

We understand that 2 of the changes we made still need to be improved, i.e. the AW50F and PSG. Please watch the whole video as we have some important information at the end!

Regards,

War Rock Team

R3voxWRp0wner1180N0HCH019Gianluca94recep26

Comments

• R3voxWRR3voxWR Posts: 568Member Intermediate
    Thanks! This is another stop to "Make WarRock Great Again"!
    Killingtimeiosonodio123
    Intel Core i5-3450 - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - 8 GB of Ram 
  • SayonaraaSayonaraa Posts: 5Member Beginner
    What about improving the accuracy of the Mosin Nagant slightly? Mosin Nagant has only 1 scope which makes it really hard to aim with at long distance, it's not that accurate (certainly not like AW50F) and only sometimes kills you in 1 shot, mostly upper body and head (even upper body is 2 shots sometimes). Improving this sniper rifle may increase the amount of people using Mosin Nagant. This, together with the nerf of the AW50F, can make the game more balanced imo.
  • SayonaraaSayonaraa Posts: 5Member Beginner
    What about improving the accuracy of the Mosin Nagant slightly? Mosin Nagant has only 1 scope which makes it really hard to aim with at long distance. It's not that accurate (certainly not like AW50F) and only sometimes kills you in 1 shot, mostly upper body and head (even upper body is 2 shots sometimes). Improving this sniper rifle may increase the amount of people using Mosin Nagant. This, together with the nerf of the AW50F, can make the game more balanced imo.
    p0wner1180Killingtime
  • NephiliM82NephiliM82 Posts: 48Member Beginner
    that`s all? you did some minor changes to 13 weapons and call it a balance patch?  man, i really got the wrong job... 

so far i just tested the "new" aw50. can only feel a very slight bullet drop at max range. as you already mentioned that failed

let`s just hope you hotfixed the mk1sDE dmg (may any owner can tell us here? :) )

btw. how about giving us some infos here on the forum? (e.g. what will be the next weapons) i am not on facebook or discord (whatever the second is...) i mean this is the official forum. what do you have the announcement topic for?
    Muse01Killingtime
  • thebabythebaby Posts: 14Member Beginner
    http://i.imgur.com/vpA6vkU.png
    by KingKazma and baby
    KillingtimeMojoRisin95
    hi
  • DragonForceWRDragonForceWR Posts: 520Member Intermediate
    KSG got 100% new Stats:

KSG Old Stats:
    Damage: 36
    Speed: 25
    Accuracy: 15
    Recoil: 70
    Bullets: 14

KSG New Stats
    Damage: 42
    Speed: 20
    Accuracy: 20
    Recoil: 92
    Bullets: 8
    Killingtime
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • R3voxWRR3voxWR Posts: 568Member Intermediate
    Thanks! This is another step to "Make WarRock Great Again"!
    I wrote uncorrectly on the last message, but we're not able to edit our own posts.
    iosonodio123Silentread
    Intel Core i5-3450 - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - 8 GB of Ram 
  • linkinxerolinkinxero Posts: 174Member Trainee
    The fun of the Glock was that insane recoil. I think halfway between where it was and where you guys fixed it would be great. So ReactAmount should be 3.8 and ReactRecovery should

be 3.5.

Reduced damage on SCAR, I can support that.

G36 got recoil nerfed? Hmm, I guess that would be what you'd need to do to get it closer to the L85A1. The L85 basically shut the G36 down being the second automatic weapon

introduced with a scope and showing better accuracies. (But even L85 hasn't been around much.)

I don't think AK47 needed any recoil changes. It hardly had any to begin with, despite what that stat said. Felt like you were playing with a little more of a shaky MP5.

XM8 taking a hit is cool, but I think it could use less accuracy.

P90 damage boost is appreciated.

Specter_M4 oh man I haven't seen that in so long, probably good to decrease recoil, yeah.

Vector only recoil increase and a bit more weight? I think like the XM8 it could use some more spread (less accuracy).
    Aw50F parabola OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OH YEAAAAAH. And the fact you want to change it more is great. [Future suggestion for Part 2 video - compare it with other sniper weapons

and their parabaolas. Remind us of the M24 and SSG parabolas (bullet drop).]

PSG with less recoil, but a lesser parabola? Hmm..

Now, you increased the damage, but isn't PSG a one-shot kill chest weapon? Or, to the community, did that get patched out a long time ago and thus why you see far fewer PSGers? I

just assumed AW50F became readily available, and since it far outclassed PSG in accuracy, people stuck with it.

MK1S taking a nerf? Hooooooo boy, yeeaaaah. I might play some BG boooys! Let's run some quick math on it. If blast radius was 250 units, it had an effective area of damage of 62500π

units². Now with an r=160, we get an area of 25600π units². By dropping the radius 9/25 (36%) we decreased the damage area by 369/625 ( (59.04%). That is pretty good. We'll have to

see how it plays out. How is the damage in this radius? Is it being in that 160 radius a lethal shot, or is it a gradient of damage drop off the further you are from center where

being at 161 units away you take 0 damage. Looks like it was a gradient each time based on the gameplay demo. Do you have any numbers for the radius for which it is a lethal kill?

---

I am truly excited to see Papaya having some sway with DE and being able to make these changes for our version.
    Much needed features on a forum
    1. A spoiler tag or otherwise collapsible element.
    2. More flexible tabling.
    3. Not being forced to sign out.
    4. Quoting buttons.

• KillingtimeKillingtime Posts: 246Member Trainee
    Alright I went full autism mode and wrote this super detailed thread to help about future balancing, make sure to read it and educate yourselves:

http://forum.papayaplay.com/index.php?p=/discussion/358219/weapon-balance-part-1-feedback-explaining-about-weapon-balancing
    Endlessforcep0wner1180PonuryJeffLoomismarcie90
  • N0HCH0N0HCH0 Posts: 390Member Trainee
    Why change the characteristics of weapons? 
    I bought the characteristics I needed . 
    The characteristics of my money have not changed and consequently no one has the right to change the characteristics of someone else's property. 
    It would be better if Papaya would make all countries the same priority to connect to the server. 
    Tired of shooting at lagg emptiness. 
    Why is Germany Turkey Italy Holland Poland has a high priority of the connection server Papaya while the other European countries are low priority ?
    This discriminatory bullshit with priority appeared in game when included in item shop sniper weapons VSS. 

Papaya please equalize the rights of all players without dividing into countries.
    I do not remember when exactly VSS for the 8th slot appeared in the game, but then there were problems with connecting to the server of the game. 
    It does not matter whether you have a fast Internet connection or not, if you are from a low-priority connection country, you will shoot emptiness and you will be easily killed.

The sale of weapons, and then changing the characteristics of weapons - this is a fraud of the buyer. 

Papaya why the speed of dsr1tc has changed? 

I bought from Nexon at a speed that I liked. 

Return speed or return my money.
  • linkinxerolinkinxero Posts: 174Member Trainee
    Read over the terms of service/user agreement that you agreed to. Pretty sure publishers reserve the right to change the game as they see fit, but would be nice if you can point out that it's not there. Something about "gameplay experience may be changed".

Also, if you bought from Nexon, then "your" money is with Nexon, not Papaya. So it's not Papaya's to return. Nor is it really Nexon's to return because it is now their money, not your money.
    p0wner1180N0HCH0Muse01Killingtime
    Much needed features on a forum
    1. A spoiler tag or otherwise collapsible element.
    2. More flexible tabling.
    3. Not being forced to sign out.
    4. Quoting buttons.

linkinxero
    Papaya is the legal successor and bear all the responsibilities assumed by the Nexon.
    I want to get what I bought and do not want to be deceived. 
    Instead of creating the illusion of work, I want papaya to make better  a connection to the server like at G1
    After the reporting the papaya violated her rules about the prohibition of using the hack in the game. 
    This is a mockery of honest players. 
    Dragonforce you also use hack but unfortunately you still have not gotten to my video. 
    Anyone can see the answer of the papaya admin on my YouTube channel WARROCK NOHCHO
    I know I will have problems with these hackers and maybe papaya will be against me but I told the truth.
    Someone fix this fucking game

• Muse01Muse01 Posts: 134Member Trainee
    Dragonforce you also use hack but unfortunately you still have not gotten to my video.

Realy?
    He plays since years and no one of you little haters have a evidence?
    He must have the best cheat ever or is that only skill and you dont have that?

I

N0HCH0Killingtime

Muse01

He has the ability to survive in the game by getting 30 bullets in the body.
    You're right, I do not know how to do it and I will not. 
    Everybody knows about the "super survival" of this player.
  • SirJuxSirJux Posts: 64Member Beginner
    Dforce-s success is greatly from his gr8 PC and ping but he doesnt cheat.

About balance batch then nerfs could have been a little bigger.
    Nerf for AW i didnt feel at all for example( there definetely wasnt any bullet drop yet).

Sayos idea to increase accuracy for mosin. Not nessecary, just reduce its pullback ( recovery from the shot if its that) and perhaps increase the shoot speed. Atm its one of the hardest to aim with due to single scope+ different crosshair but its not the biggest issue. The real issue is that almost every other sniper shoots much faster than this. 

Its elitist weapon for a reason= everyone cant handle it. So dont make it into wep used by average Joe.
  • UraniumWRUraniumWR Posts: 19Member Beginner
    @N0HCH0

Must be terrible that your overpowered weapons are not as unfair anymore :((((((((
    N0HCH0p0wner1180NitrouZWR
    'Uranium' was taken
    UraniumWR

You know problem  not in my personal weapons. 

The problem is that the rights of players are ignored.
  • PonuryPonury Posts: 219Member Trainee
    @N0HCH0
    You are the only one crying about changes that were needed. Every player wanted them for really long time. And if you thing it's illegal to change weapon stats just check ToS that you have accepted. 

Also post from Uranium was a sarcasm ;)
    Playing War Rock since 04/2007
    SirJux

If you get into a player with 20-30 bullets and he turns around and kills you with two shots as they are called? 
    the fact that a dragonfors like a deer jumping does not mean that he is a super player. 
    He or a hacker or he did something with his connection to the server for lag. 
    Where in Germany did he find the Internet 10 MBPS? 
    And on the Internet there is a video where he shows the speed of his Internet. 
    Ponury

It's not that my weapons have been changed personally.
    Changes affected everyone. Are you dumb or pretend? 
    You say that everyone was dreaming about changes in weapons.  
    The opinion of 20 players sitting on the forum is imposed on all players. You know  friend, 
    I'm not one of those who cry.

• DragonForceWRDragonForceWR Posts: 520Member Intermediate
    @N0HCH0

16K DSL is the most Common Connection in Germany. I live in a Small Village with Max 25K connection (went from 16K to 25K since 1 Year now)
    My Connection is 24.5K right now.

Never told that I am a "Super Player" but as long as you use Nub Guns 24/7 you wont Learn how to Play. You wont learn how to move. How to act. How to react and how to aim. All i see is that you rock camp with xm8 24/7 and cry. If you try to tell me that "XM8" is the only Gun which kills me: xm8 got like 0 Spread. And a Low Recoil. No wonder that you Kill me with that gun because your AIM is shiiiiit with every other weapon. Even with XM8. I get Eye Cancer while watching your vids and your aiming.  As i already told you, my Account got 148 Permanent Items + around 400 Days of Gold Prem. i wont risk a Ban on a 3000€ worth ACC.
    N0HCH0p0wner1180
  • SirJuxSirJux Posts: 64Member Beginner
    At discord i saw a discussion about weight of the heavy weapons and snipers in real life. Quite often the snipers in real life are much heavier than heavy troopers weapons. What if we made it the same way in the game. Currently the sniper is so much used on BG because you are very agile and can shoot from far away. Compare that to heavy troopers that is greatly slowed down and whose weapons have much smaller effect. You could easily balance out sniper class by just adding more weight to their weapons. Then the rabbit style of snipers will go away.

Just changing the offensive stats could work, but what if we tried different solution.

Oh and if the weights of snipers were to increase then Deathcam needs to go. Red names if u point crosshair at enemy ( and on vehicles ) need to go and Red dots of shooting enemy need to go.
    Red dots should be shown only if stacked team forces Air recon and the hit indicator should just show the direction of the enemy, not its actual location.
    edited August 2017
     DragonForceWR

[removed stuff that was not related to weapon balancing]

I like my weapons xm8 lighting permanent and you do not have that in your 148 permanents.

[removed stuff that was not related to weapon balancing]
  • [HGM]Skateboard[HGM]Skateboard Posts: 231Approved Member Trainee
    Hey guys,
    I would appreciate it if you kept this discussion to balancing of weapons. I understand that some players are upset about weapons they previously loved, that have now been made less valuable in-game. But please, keep server suggestions and other stuff out of this topic. It would be nice if you commented what you think needs to be changed about these balanced guns, or guns that are currently in the game. Let me start by giving you a couple of my personal opinions:
     - AW50F -> make the weight heavier. It is a .50 cal sniper after all.
     - k1 -> decrease accuracy slightly, making it less effective against esl playing assults.
     - m24 -> increase the damage, so it can do 9 points of health to the chest.
     - SCAR-H -> decrease ammo capacity to 20, reflecting a real life magazine.

So, please let yourself be heard. Tell me what you think about the changes I have listed above, tell me about changes that you would like to see in the game, this is YOUR TIME to make a change!
    p0wner1180KillingtimePonurylinkinxero
    Skateboarding down from Bloc N.I.U. all day long.
  • ImziicImziic Posts: 21Member Beginner
    I'm gonna summerize here:

Heavy weights need to be rebalanced, as so sniper (most sniper rifles out weigh heavy weapons like the rpg7, at4, etc) heavy moves SLOW considering that rpg7 with a loaded rocket weighs a little more than 2 kg heavier than a fully loaded AK47

Make of that what you will.

Secondly: Medic guns are a joke imo, they can match and even sometimes outpace assault, for negligible losses in damage, there's no reason to actually pick assault over medic unless you're using sarah..

Most importantly to me: Snipers: Rifles designed purely for the purposes of precision. Long distance, precise, accurate weapons... But not in warrock... They're affected too harsly by the "react" stat, coupled with poor accuracy stats which make no sense, it's not fun to witness nor is it fun to use.
    Additionally, what on earth are the 1 shot kill snipers doing? why are they killing in 1 shot to hands/arms and chest, I think the 1 shot radius should be a tight chest location, since most of the time the hands block the chest it gives a smaller angle and makes players actually aim.

Although, I'm more in favor of making it so no sniper can 1 shot somebody anywhere but the head in exchange for accuracy. Snipers should be accurate, and they shouldn't be penalized so much for "snapping" their aim to a target, that's a skill, it's learned and honed. Why is it being discounted and scoffed at?

I don't have a large problem with the other balance, apart from the large ones already well known, like the mk1s_de and whatnot.

Assault should feel like a class worth picking, the only two classes you see are medic and assault. The balance should shake up things and have people playing heavy/sniper in more scenarios instead of heavy/sniper being basically only in deathmatch/BG scenarios
  • KillingtimeKillingtime Posts: 246Member Trainee
    @Imziic

1.About medic, medic itself can heal ridiculously easily, there are few problems imo, the kit 2, in other versions its upgradeable for 4th slot but we have it in 8th slot, that's dumb, should be for 4th slot upgradeable version only (so you can choose between more slow healing vs less healing but bigger amounts)

Another one is the med boxes, you can heal 200 really easily, to balance this out just like normal kits, boxes should heal less to self, like maybe 25 instead of 50 and just keep the 50 for an ally.

And yea about the medic guns, K1 is too fast combined with the other stats it has, so it beats assault in esl easily in close range and medium/long distance also because of the healing, way too easy and makes the medic easilly best choice in esl and in general. Just make it like in kwr, 70 speed but also slightly more damage (45).

2. Snipers, yea snipers need so much renewing, the "reactamount" aka. when you move your mouse to aim, the accuracy gets compromised, there should be mostly just about zero "reactamount" for most if not all snipers to make them more skillful instead of being random.

And 1 shot to head only snipers (less than 100dmg) should have 95-100 accuracy with some bullet drop depending on the sniper, but mostly not much, while 1 shot to chest etc. (100dmg) snipers should have around 80-90% accuracy with more bullet drop to make them all balanced.

And the snipers killing 1 shot to hand was a mistake and I think they realized it as well, no sniper should kill with 1 shot to hand, maybe something like ntw20 should kill with 1 shot to leg at most.
    p0wner1180
  • p0wner1180p0wner1180 Posts: 451Member Intermediate
    You can upgrade your 4th slot medic kit 1 to medic kit 2.

And I agree on reducing the HP for medic boxes.

#KillingForHGM