Please increase the drop rate of POs!

BlakeCBlakeC Posts: 113Member Trainee
I was hoping that with a new server and host, we would get at least some kind of restoration to the heavily nerfed amount of POs we get from doing merchant quests. Alas, this is not to be. After doing the "Deliver ivory" quest out of Calicut, I still got only four PO 4's. The Japanese server just so you know, gets 21 of these. Considering the free to play nature here on Maris, I dont expect to get everything the pay to play Japanese server has. But getting only 4 is extremely pitiful. Even if you had 2 other alts with you (the max amount your allowed to have in a fleet) that still only amounts to barely half. This makes doing these merchant quests almost pointless and punishes players (such as myself) that dont have the means to run more then 1 alt. Did I mention it makes grinding trade skills eh difficult? I also understand that in the Japanese server players can buy non tradable PO's in certain categories though a tad pricey, but this was skipped for us. KOEI seems to have a great disliking for us having any PO's. Having some restoration to the nerfed POs would help out a lI was hoping that with a new server and host, we would get at least some
kind of restoration to the heavily nerfed amount of POs we get from
doing merchant quests. Alas, this is not to be. After doing the "Deliver
ivory" quest out of Calicut, I still got only four PO 4's. The Japanese
server just so you know, gets 21 of these. Considering the free to play
nature here on Maris, I dont expect to get everything the pay to play
Japanese server has. But getting only 4 is extremely pitiful. Even if
you had 2 other alts with you (the max amount your allowed to have in a
fleet) that still only amounts to barely half. This makes doing these
merchant quests almost pointless and punishes players (such as myself)
that dont have the means to run more then 1 alt. Did I mention it makes
grinding trade skills eh difficult? I also understand that in the
Japanese server players can buy non tradable PO's in certain categories
though a tad pricey, but this was skipped for us. KOEI seems to have a
great disliking for us having any PO's. Having some restoration to the nerfed POs would help out a lI was hoping that with a new server and host, we would get at least some
doing merchant quests. Alas, this is not to be. After doing the "Deliver
ivory" quest out of Calicut, I still got only four PO 4's. The Japanese
great disliking for us having any PO's. Having some restoration to the nerfed POs would help out a lot.
TwitchalotSeperallis

Comments

• BlakeCBlakeC Posts: 113Member Trainee
    (Sorry about the messed up post: I had unknowingly copied and and pasted it 3 times [my laptop is a bit buggy], and since there seems to be no edit or delete function, Ill repost here in full clarity. Please disregard the above post!)

"I was hoping that with a new server and host, we would get at least some
    doing merchant quests. Alas, this is not to be. After doing the 'Deliver
    ivory' quest out of Calicut, I still got only four PO 4's. The Japanese
    great disliking for us having any PO's. Having some restoration to the nerfed POs would help out a lot."
    TwitchalotSeperallisTonyFields96
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    Even this server getting half of what all the other servers get for PO rewards from quests would be a vast improvement. However, I doubt we'll see that put in anytime soon.
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
  • theedgedemontheedgedemon Posts: 237Member Trainee
    i don't see why you bother yourselves with quest reward POs, they are known to drop almost in excess from the Millionaire/Travelling Merchant Boxes, while getting some even better stuff here and there you can get around 300 POs of varied types from 100 boxes.
    Desire spawns madness, madness collapses into disaster.
    mankind never learns...
  • aceman39aceman39 Posts: 943Member Intermediate
    And where you get the Millionaire/Traveling Merchant Boxes?
    I'm actually not sure where the Millionaire and Traveling Merchant boxes come from, are they trash drops form tickets, or Plunder stuff, or something else? Just wondering. .
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

They can be bought from certain NPCs that show up occasionally in Boston and the other towns in North America. However, at 500k to 1 mil a pop they are not cheap, particularly to players that dont have a lot of money on them. And there's no guarantee your get a good stack of them from all those boxes. It's all about luck.
    xibwizSeperallis
    Everything in this game is about luck :)
    BlakeC
    Doing quests that give PO's as rewards has nothing to do with luck as far as getting the PO's goes, you do the quest, you get the PO(s), plain and simple. What BlakeC is saying is that more PO's per quest should be given, as it is with all the other servers, to which I responded that giving us on this server even half of what the other servers get for PO rewards for quests would be a vast improvement for us. I realize that things are different on this F2P server, but severely curtailing the PO's available via an in-game method like doing quests for them seems kind of.....petty. Now, I'm not saying that's what Papaya Play is doing, they just took the reins and are most likely not aware of this. However, this is a carry over thing from GAMA that is probably not going to go away unless the word is given from Papaya Play regarding it. There are quite a few "Founder" players and very like a few new ones that would like to see even a minor improvement regarding this, and await word from Papaya Play. I do realize that they are swamped at the moment, but, even a "we're looking into this" message would be appreciated. Thank you.
    BlakeCTonyFields96

I know you can get Po's also from Bord dungeon  from the chest there at times
    PO drops from Bordeaux were nerfed at the end, and PO4's in particular were severely nerfed. If that's changed and the drop rate is what it was on GAMA say 4 years ago, then great. If not, it makes PO reward quest even more important I'd say.

I got 8 po 3's and 20 Po 2's in less then a hour. So it was not too bad when a quest only gives 1 to 4 Po's at a time and you get to raise Sword play and Sword Mastery and mari all at the same time
    @aceman39 Bordeaux dungeon is not exactly an easy dungeon to do, not without having techs and a good expensive equipment set. Even then, they do were nerfed at the end.
    I know it is not a easy dungeon just saying it is an alternative to doing quest for 1 Po 3's for example if the quest even pops. I agree there need to be more ways to get them don't get me wrong. Cause I know for me  grinding sewing without them is a pain in the butt but sometimes we need to find different ways to get them. If there is a easier way without spending 1 Mil in ducats off a player then I am all for it. Trust me on that :) 
    aceman39, if you aren't opposed to an increase in the PO drop rate from quests, why are you going on and on about alternative ways of getting PO's and making it seem like you actually are opposed to it? And it seems like you are opposed to getting more POs from quests because when it's mentioned you immediately say "There are other ways to get PO's". Thank you for pointing that out. But the  issue here isn't alternative PO sources. The issue here is merchants being able to get more PO's from doing merchant quests. One thing I've noticed is there are some PO4 quests that have either had the requirements to get them to show altered, had the rate at which the quest shows drastically reduced or the quest has been removed/deleted. ie: The quest "Deliver Rose" from the Marseilles merchant guild. I used William_Adams, 35/36/24, 36k+ Trade fame, not fleeted to anyone, Merchant Graduate title active. I used 27 QMP and did 6 port hop resets and the quest would not show. I tried the same thing with quest "Gift for Irene" from Naples. I used 22 QMP and did 5 port hop resets. And in neither case was I able to get the quest to show, ever. Will has yet to do either quest. And if PO quests that drop a pittance for a reward(1 PO4) are being made harder to get to show or are being removed without us even being informed of it, that does not bode well for this server. All I'm saying is, yes, we're aware there are alternate ways of getting PO's, thank you aceman39. It's just that it seems more logical that merchants, doing merchant quests, should be able to get more than the dribble of PO rewards from quests that this server gets as compared to all the other servers. I'm not even saying that that should be matched by this server. In fact, I've said that this server getting even half of what all the other servers get for PO rewards from merchant quests would be a vast improvement for us. But having even the PO4 reward quests that should be there seemingly vanish or made much more difficult to pull does not bode well for us.

Look I am a merchant also and I need Po 3's to grind sewing but since it seems like quest are nerfed for PO's I found other ways to do it. And if you need PO's you can also get them from the UWC shop/ It is better then paying players over inflated prices and think about this. How did players get them. They ran dungeons to they got them and then they are reselling them. But yes missing quest do sound weird 
    So, let me see if I understand what you're saying here: That you're ok with the fact that quests that give PO rewards are being made harder to get and even being possibly deleted, and that merchants should have to up their battle level and get battle skills and rank them up, to get POs that help them rank up and make ducat's from their merchant skills, or pay over inflated gouging prices from other players that usually either have a character that's heavy with battle skills, or is a player that has a large RL$$ disposable income, or even both, instead of being able to obtain the POs via doing what merchants should be doing: merchant quests. Now, I know I'm not the only one that sees a problem with this. But can you aceman39? Because if you can't...........idk.

I am not saying they should delete the quest with PO's just saying people that need PO's that the quest for them are not cutting it at the rate they give. So us even as merchants need to look into other ways of getting them. If I need to get PO's and I don't want to pay 1 Mil for them it is easy to dive in to a dungeon to get them or use the free UWC cash they give us to buy some. All I am saying is there are many ways to get them.....and so what if a merchant raises maritime.....It will give a pirate a hesitation to attack that merchant.....remember maritime....adventure.....and merchant go hand in hand....you need to raise all three for better faster ships also 

*EPIC FACEPALM*  The problem is that Merchants should be able to get enough PO's from doing merchant quests that they shouldn't have to rely on raising battle levels and skills to get them or have to pay outrageous prices for them. All you keep bringing up is alternative methods to get POs. Fine. Thank you. Yes. There are other ways to get PO's. And you seem to imply that the reduced rate is ok, nothing wrong with it. What's being discussed here is having the base problem addressed, that being : Getting Papaya Play to ask KOEI to see if it's possible to address the lack of PO's from merchant quests problem on this server that got created by Netmarble and OGPlanet, which could hopefully lead to more PO's from merchant quests. If you have anything to add regarding that, I'd like to hear it. If not.....

Look it is apparent that is wont happen so if it is not going to happen to keep asking for it is not gonna matter. So might as well figure other ways to get them is all I am saying......But it seems like people want things given to them easily.....UWO is not that kind of game as we all figured out in the past.....Things that is wanted is something we always had to work for.....So instead of asking for a unnerf that wont happen for some reason might as well just work other ways of getting them
    "Look it is apparent that is wont happen.."
    How do you know? Are you a Papaya Play or KOEI employee? Unless you are, you know nothing about what asking Papaya Play to look into this will do, do you? So I ask you, please, quit trying to dissuade those of us who are asking reasonably and logically to see if something can be done that helps everyone, not forces players who have no desire to really be involved in 1 aspect of the game(beyond what is needed to qualify for better ships) and to get them further involved in that aspect than some would like or are physically capable of handling well, or have to end up paying though the nose to those who do relish in that aspect of the game or those who have a lot of disposable RL$$(oddly enough, the same group  lots of the time). I'm going to guess aceman39, that buy virtue of your almost...fanatical and expansive knowledge of the other ways to get PO's besides doing Merchant quests(which should be the primary source or at least as prevalent as other sources) that you might be one of those who, shall we say, engages in the acquiring of PO's via one or more of those other methods, and that an increase in available PO's from other in-game sources, like say perhaps merchants doing merchant quests might be viewed as a potential threat to your ducat flow. Well, it's happened before, it'll happen again. Prices on in-game items have been fluctuating and changing because something gets changed by the devs or host since I logged in 6 years ago. I've seen QMP go from 75-100k to 1m and now are 100k again. I do realize that what I'm asking to have looked at may take a while, And I do hope that some dialog can happen regarding things like this. But seriously,  If anyone thinks it's ok that traders have to either take up battle, pay those who do, pay those who use RL$$ or use RL $$ themselves to get their PO's rather than be able to get them from doing merchant quests, because some players might temporarily have their ducat flow interrupted or slowed down a bit if more PO's came from quests, they are, in a word, wrong. It is NOT ok.

Ok if you actually read what I wrote.....and not seen what you wanted......Then you would have read where I use PO's to grind sewing. If they are not dropping good enough in quest for merchants then I take myself to Bord and go in the dungeon myself to get them.....So don't ever say to me that by upping what is given will hurt my ducat flow. People are that lazy that they expect everything handed to them. You say you played this game for 6 years.....and yet want everything to say I did a 5 star quest I should have gotten 20 PO's.....This server never been done like that even in NM days......So if you are not getting them the easy way then it is time to look into other ways instead of crying about this......and move forward. 
    Yes I actually read what you wrote, that you use POs to do Sewing and get them yourself from Bordeaux, you've made that abundantly clear. Good for you. I'm glad that you're able to do what want and that you are capable of doing it to go and get what you want in the game to be able to enjoy the game the way that you want.That's part of what makes UWO great, isn't it? However, what about players who for various reasons that either by choice or limitations won't or can't do what you do to get POs? That group of players has to either spend copious amounts of their game time doing what seems to be slowly vanishing or ever being made harder to pull one PO reward quests, buy them with RL$$, buy them from dungeon runners(by the way aceman39, Bordeaux drops PO2s, PO3s, and PO4s[still sketchy on what's happening with PO4s there, at the end of GAMA they were severely nerfed], what do you do with your other POs?), or buy them from RL$$ players. I'm not saying reduce the PO drops from the dungeons, in fact, more PO4s from Bordeaux please. Now, the statement "People are that lazy that they expect to have everything handed to them. You say you played this game for 6 years.....and yet want everything to say I did a 5 star quest I should have gotten 20 PO's."  is one I won't even touch, for the simple reason that it is adversarial and I do not want this to devolve into name calling instead of keeping things on point. You are right, this server(although this is a new server, not GAMA transferered, as we are all painfully aware of) has never given 20 POs as reward for a 5* quest, in fact, I doubt any of the other servers give that. But you seem to think that a person who either can't or wont run dungeons for PO's should either pay RL$$ for them, pay high prices for them from players that do run dungeons for them, pay other players who buy POs with RL$$ high prices for them, or, suck on it. And to boot, you insult them and call them lazy. Well done. Yes, let's move forward. Moving back on this would be truly epic in it's absurdity.

I use my PO's for help with sewing as each of them have their own uses like when I do get PO's I buy livestock for the wool and the Po's I use for things that are needed with them and PO's 4 for when I make spice runs. And you also can get sometimes PO's when you send your aide in the fleet with the company for contributions
    *rumble* I know this is going to show my age, but, aceman30 = broken record

*aceman39*

And it will show my age cause I tell you different ways and the ways I have done to use PO's to grind skills is not up to your ways. All I said was if you are not happy with the drop rate of quest then you need to look into other methods.
    Well, it appears no one who's opinion matters(in my opinion) has anything more to say so far. I sure hope someone else who lets their IGN be known on their postings has something  to say on this topic.

• xibwizxibwiz Posts: 77Member Beginner
    well po's is just a commodity really, you can achieve the same by port reseting. Also raising it drop rates will lower their prices, and now that SEA/EA opens raising the po's will make multi-char fleets fill up easier and by that overflowing the cash for markets.
    You know, this thread started as a discussion about having more POs being made available from Merchant Guild quests, and has devolved into "shut up about that, POs are available other ways". Yes, they are. That is more than abundantly clear, thank-you. Now. Please. No more postings about other ways to get POs. That has been thoroughly covered. So, can this thread now please continue without someone mentioning other ways to get POs or insulting players by calling them lazy because they play a different game style or making disparaging ageist jokes about players? That would be greatly appreciated. And, if anyone wants their opinion to really have a voice here, then I'd suggest they don't post anonymously. 

Who is posting anonymously?