[Issue] Disconnected from server After clicking "Connect"

Comments

• MateaB1MateaB1 Posts: 351Approved Member Intermediate
    Nothing yet...
  • PappyPlayPappyPlay Posts: 293Approved Member Intermediate
    edited December 2016
    I'm still unable to get beyond the Character Select screen.  Although , on two occasions, when I tried an idea the GMs suggested, I got in for a few hours.  

In DOS Command mode from Windows (type CMD in the "run" area), run as Admin, enter netsh winsock reset.  Then restart your computer.

But even that doesn't work anymore.  The last message I got from my ticket regarding this problem is the same old "We are aware of the problem and thank you for your patience while we resolve it".  (Same basic message since June 21st.)
  • DentFixDentFix Posts: 40Approved Member Beginner
     Server work? i cant connect to the server...!
  • klabikklabik Posts: 5Member Beginner
    Zrdavím tonight I got dc in the game and if I want to join writes to me that incored ID. Does anyone know what to do or how long I will be able to connect. One of my uet goes connect fine second incored ID and it is a newly opened account for about a month old up.
  • klabikklabik Posts: 5Member Beginner
    heloo
  • Alii031Alii031 Posts: 342Approved Member Intermediate

Those of you not having the issue of the name of this post, please either post a new one or find one that is similar to your issue because this problem of the disconnecting when clicking connect at char screen is a serious matter and we don't need to confuse papaya anymore when you add issues here that do not have anything to do with the "disconnecting after clicking CONNECT". We all want this to be fixed so please keep this forum for this subject only, thank you!

I gather many of you are able to at least get in to play the game on a somewhat regular basis.  I am still waiting for Papaya to get my situation addressed.  I thought they were "on to something" when they offered the "winsock reset" as a possible solution.  I was able to get in on two occasions with that for a couple of hours before getting dc'd.  Since June 21st and Papaya's takeover, I've been able to play a total of around 6 hours.  When Nexon had the game, I would play that much in a few nights!

It's been so long since I played, I figure I'll have to go to "Dekaron Retraining Classes" if I EVER get back in...lol!  

I've tried to keep tickets "alive" but don't seem to get anywhere with them. Papaya acknowledges that "there is a problem", but yet they don't appear to be making any forward progress with a solution.

I really enjoyed playing the game (for about 4 years).  But I guess now, it's only for "the privileged ones" that can connect.  All that I can do is try relaunching the game after Maintenances and see if anything has changed.
  • vipernc99vipernc99 Posts: 28Approved Member Beginner
    well guys I had that problem and to fix it you have to go into windows 10 and make dekaron compactable. and check over your security settings and your update list for windows firewall setting and the windows smart screen setting . it not the dekaron severs it your computers cutting you off because smart screen thinks dekaron unsafe site with the edge browser. download and use explore 11 and put on your desktop then you should be able to play. least that what I had to do for my version of windows 10 and had to do it again after the beta update for windows 10. only other thing is check restore points were it worked last time. also go in forum to support and change pw on log in was there first atemp to fix problem. I hope that fix your problems it did mine finally.  
  • punkemil23punkemil23 Posts: 1Member Beginner
    guys good day to all is it maintenance today? thanks if someone would reply godbless :)
    Yes, it's still maintenance... Let's see if they fix this issue!
  • StorkyyyStorkyyy Posts: 3Member Beginner
    I have been trying to play for the last 3 days. My friend connects completely fine but I can't get passed the character select screen. In fact I have only made it to the character selection screen twice. I always get disconnected to the login screen no matter what I do. I have played Dekaron/2Moons off and on for years now and have never experienced this. I read that this problem has been occurring since June. Please fix this issue or at least reply back to my ticket with information.
  • healercathealercat Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Some things I have discovered are;
    1. Make sure the folder the game was installed to is in the Program Files (x86) folder not the folder for x64 which is the Program Files folder without the x64 designation. If you are only getting 2 channels and not 3 as say Divine Valley, Kalibus but not seeing nonPK this is likely the problem.
    2. If you are running more than 1 client, minimize all other game windows before logging in the opened client. Do this whether any other clients are already logged in or the other client windows are at the log in screen. I am not referring to the mini loader.
    3. I have also found that after logging into your main character wait wait 1-2 minutes then log into 1 of your 7 sub characters. This may stop the logging out dumping that is occurring.
    Still not solved!
    SmokeyMacPot
  • StorkyyyStorkyyy Posts: 3Member Beginner
    Definitely still not solved. They replied to my support ticket with this:

"Hello, 

Thank you for contacting the Help Desk. 

We checked your account in our data base and couldn't find any issues with your account on our end.

Please make sure you are not running the game via multi clients as this will likely result in disconnection. Also, please wait at least 5 minutes before trying to log in again. If you do try logging in before the 5-min period, the timer will be reset and extended accordingly. 

If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact the Help Desk.

Enjoy your day in Dekaron.

Kind regards, 
    Team Dekaron "

They are completely avoiding the problem by blaming the players. I am 100% it's nothing I'm doing wrong.

@Storkyyy I agree with you 100%.  How is it that so many players were able to readily login and play without DC or connection issues, even multi-clienting, when Nexon had the game.  And now, the only difference is that it's on a Papaya server, and somehow THE PLAYERS are being blamed for all the problems.  Come on, Papaya, give your head a shake.
  • Ardian19Ardian19 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    What happen to me, i login , Enter PIn and then FREZZ ( not responding ) why ?
    Please respon 

@[DK]PapayaPlay @
  • Ardian19Ardian19 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    why i cant login ?

first ; enter id and pasword

two : enter PIN

Three : FREZZ, i cant get in Character. my Dekaron Not respon 

please help me, 3 days im not play T.T

Seriously...I keep up with this post because I still get the kicked to login screen after clicking CONNECT, does anyone not read the title before posting here? EVERYONE, please stop posting on other issues you are having other then if your getting kicked to login from clicking CONNECT. we do not, I repeat, do NOT, want to make this anymore complicated for papaya as it already is, because its not getting fixed, so lets not add more posts here that have nothing to do with it. please find the right post or make a new one! thank you!

@Ardian19

also-my last respond from papaya they told me it should of been fixed with the last maint, but I responded it has not been fixed so

An update for my login problems....I've managed to login on ONE CHARACTER a few times over the last couple of weeks.  I haven't tried any of my other players on THAT client yet...just happy to get logged in at all!  

All my other clients still get kicked back to the login screen from Character Selection.

One interesting note....with at least one of my attempts where I successfully logged on, I was starting from a previous attempt (kick back from Character Selection screen) where the starting message was "Disconnected from server".
    Cmon Papayans, have you been talking to your tech department lately? It's about time you deliver solution... Getting false-positives on virtual machines is not so difficult to solve!
    PappyPlay
  • kikoAK47kikoAK47 Posts: 1Member Beginner
    this problem needs to be solved cuz its really really annoying , i keep getting dc after dc....wth it takes so god damn long to fix it
  • bakapaska8bakapaska8 Posts: 10Member Beginner
    this. fking. publisher. is a MORON.

There is one thing you could all try, that I have been doing, that seems to work "most of the time", not saying 100% all the time, it can go either way, but it might give you 1% more chance of logging on first time then several, but here it goes...

when you get to char screen, (this sounds odd I know, but you can either wait 2-3 minutes or go by how many times your class char does its special movement/dance and then click connect, hold the button in and release and see what happens) for me It depends, I usually wait 2-3 minutes on char screen, go do something and come back and check, just don't click the button when your char is moving). I know it is strange but I didn't want to suggest this till over time when I felt it was something that might be a helpful tip. most the time it works for me, and then there are times when it doesn't and I get discouraged but I keep trying lol. hope this helps atleast some players! I know the feeling of frustration, I will keep adding tips here long as this issue excists if I come across them.

nacromoon
    I've had a little bit of luck logging in on Kalibus channel.  It's worked about 25% of the time for me.  But once I get in the game, if I try to change channels, I still get dc'd.  Haven't figured out a solution for that yet.  Also, haven't tried multi-client this way (Kalibus login).

@Alii031 I'll give your idea a try and report back here.
  • AnarayaAnaraya Posts: 0Member Beginner
    heres a solution.... incorporate a login attempt ban. there are curently 100s if not 1000s of attempts to login on the server each second most of which are bot accounts or sniffer bots(programs that try thousands of login/password combos each second). 3 tries results in a temp 30 minute ban. update your xigncode3 antihacking program(it does not work ive seen several hackers vack hacking mobs..cant get a ss of them because they move 200 miles per hour). go through ALL YOUR CODE and find memory leaks. guarentee this accounts for half of the random crashes. also look for broken code and delete or fix said code. all it takes is 1 misplaced or missing character to cause catastrophic failures. hire a full time dev team to fix issues and bugs. and you need to do this fast. this issue of login failing and dcing all the time has been going on for SEVERAL MONTHS. its so bad to the point that ive noticed about 1/3 of users have moved on to other games and stopped playing this all together. you wont have the rights to this game for very long if you cant figure this out. everyone will leave. nobody wants to play a broken dying game that has little to no support. if you plan to keep your heads above water, so to speak, then you need to adress and fix these issues immediately. the first post on this thread was back in july...it is now almost december...
  • NomenNesci0NomenNesci0 Posts: 43Approved Member Beginner
    Filtering-out legitimate players is very bad practice and shows ignorance of the technical department. Every little delay of packets is sanctioned so are many otherwise legal and regular routes... Nexon found a solution after a couple of months by changing log-in process and switching it to web environment, where they had better control and did not rely too much on hosting (they left them take care of DDoS attacks and such). Papaya should do the same, because our community lost 1/4 of population, just because of this. Also, in order to solve botting & scripting, they could introduce recognition patterns as requirement at log-in (Captcha or similar), so they will be sure that a live human is on keyboard... Omg, if I don't know something, I search for knowledge, ask people, communicate or whatever, but I never, ever SHIFT THE BLAME to someone else and play DUMB.
  • craz11726craz11726 Posts: 3Member Beginner
    i also have this issue, and i agree with Anaraya.  There needs to be a new login setup.  Computers have come a long way and they have made cpus even more powerful meaning the can guess account name and passwords faster.  If not for the connection issues 80% of the community more happy just saying. 
  • [DK]PapayaPlay[DK]PapayaPlay Posts: 41Admin Beginner
    Hi guys,

It's been a long time since this thread was made. There have been some fixes made along the way which has helped some players but unfortunately, a lot of players are still affected. Even more unfortunate, it seems the fix seems to have degraded the status of some players connections.

I am going to be personally looking into this and I hope to have a resolution soon. If anyone has any information they would like to add, or would like to send info on their connection issue, please send a ticket to the Help Desk and I'll personally take a look for you.

Thanks!
  • bakapaska8bakapaska8 Posts: 10Member Beginner
    Hello [GM] IDKyourNAME

You don't even care about this game.
    Now, after several months you realized that the status of player connections degraded?
    wow. That's happening everyday. Every. Single. Day.

What about WORKING? You don't work on this game. You start working after 80% of the player population left the game. This game is so fking beautiful and breath-taking but it also takes GM's to work on this ! Otherwise this game is going to hell soon.

- GET A19
    - Fix LOGIN Issues
    = MORE MONEY!
    edited December 2016

I agree, if the login issue was fixed sooner, few would of left. Papaya, you actually inspired many old players I havnt seen in years returning in hopes of a better company, so I hope you will not give up and continue to see this problem through. better things run+more players=more to gain.

@[DK]PapayaPlay Also who do we request for when we send a ticket in so *you* can personally take a look at it? I still have login issues, I can atleast get on the game at some point but can not have the freedom of switching servers or going into dk server without a good chance of getting kicked to the login box page. Since I directly hooked my Ethernet cord to a separate router that wasn't Comcast, ive had better chance of not being kicked to the login page but still most of the time I am. I did not have this issue with any of the other companys since 07, so really hoping this will be resolved now.

oraque9