[Issue] Disconnected from server After clicking "Connect"

Comments

• MateaB1MateaB1 Posts: 351Approved Member Intermediate

Don't be so negative, this GM is new and he/she seems to be willing to put some effort in resolving current issues. Fresh mind is always welcome, specially when it brings wind of change along...
    Btw, it's [GM]Dragon, if I can recognize the specific writing style...
    Rhaellas
  • bakapaska8bakapaska8 Posts: 10Member Beginner
    @MateaB1

Mate, there are so many people playing Dekaron for years!
    But they always get newbies (GM dont take it personal).
    We need advanced people with knowledge! Big, big knowledge!
    This game need to go big again. It's slowly going to die.. Like a snake bite..

I hereby apply as a GM lol.
    I'll be able to fix this entire game in one single week.

• Stryder1Stryder1 Posts: 39Approved Member Beginner
    I'm not sure any of you realized this but I did as soon as Papaya took over. The game reverted back to a basic version. It seemed that anything that was fixed or updated with Nexon stayed with Nexon. Dshop items, bug fixes, login fixes, etc. It took Nexon months to fix somethings with the game when they first took over. If it seemed that Nexon fixed things quicker maybe it was because they had alot more money to invest in it or maybe they had access to more advanced coders or programmers. Idk but we owe it to Papaya to atleast give them a chance to fix things. Plus it seems that Papaya has a lot more problems to fix than Nexon did at startup. Just a thought at maybe why the server disconnects or has lag/login issues. The computers and internet between the two companies was most likely different. The equipment that the game resides or runs on as well as the internet can affect things like lag or disconnects depending on if and where a bottle neck occurs. Just food for thought.
  • PappyPlayPappyPlay Posts: 293Approved Member Intermediate
    edited December 2016
    Hi all.  I know many of us, especially @Alii031 and @MateaB1, have kept on top of this issue since day 1 with Papaya.  I've kept at least one ticket going, providing them with specific details week-after-week of my login and disconnect problems and experiences (including my inability to switch servers or channels in game)

But I think they are finally seriously intending on fixing these problems.  As @MateaB1 noted, this a is a new GM.... [GM]Dragon.  (I've not noticed him involved with Dekaron before.)  He replied to one of my tickets yesterday, and I believe he would not mind me sharing his message.  I'll let you decide for yourselves if this holds more hope and credibility than before.

Hi,

This is [DK]PapayaPlay from the forum.  I'm currently borrowing this DekaronGameMaster4 account as I look into disconnection issues that some players may be experiencing.

Thanks for letting me know about your connection issue.  I've currently talked to some other players in depth about the issues that people seem to be having and I have a pretty good idea what's going on now.

I've contacted the developers but we can't hear back from them until Monday. I've also contacted the appropriate departments within Vertigo so I hope we can resolve this soon.

I'll keep you updated on what happens. I have added your username and ticket # to my list of tracked players who are affected.

If there's anything else you'd like to add regarding this, please let me know through this ticket thread so I can monitor it.

Thanks!
    [GM]Dragon

Also, I would like respond to your questions, but I should have left the office 30 minutes ago. I'd just like to let some players know that they're not being ignored before leaving for the weekend. Thanks for understanding. :)

Sure, it's been a long time coming...way overdue.  But if they can finally resolve this once-and-for-all, I think it can help put the game back on the positive side again.  And A19 should be released shortly as well.....my guess.  They've even asked for help with the final Korean-to-English translations.  Let's keep our fingers crossed...I'm hoping they can fix the login and dc issues by Christmas!

Rhaellas
  • Alii031Alii031 Posts: 342Approved Member Intermediate

@Pappyplay thank you for posting this!! sounds very hopeful ^^ I saw on one post of one of them saying to send in a ticket and they will personally take a look at it themselves so I did and hope the right person read it. thank you for keeping them posted week by week on your logins, that is excellent news! yes its been way over due but if they fix it now, or at all, its well worth the wait.

Rhaellas
    Nothing to add, PappyPlay said it all, our hopes are high again...
  • RhaellasRhaellas Posts: 96Approved Member Beginner
    edited December 2016
    It is really very nice to see a response like this!  ( Also feeling hopeful again ) It  would be great to see more interaction in game as well.  I hope we hear more from GM Dragon, (DK Papayaplay,  and all of them.  @Pappyplay, hope to see you ( and many others of us )  are able to play without issues real soon. 

Dekaron has been around for a very long time 10 years and still going,  there is just something about this game to be loved.   All it needs is some true TLC.     *Keeping the faith*
  • NewHope2888NewHope2888 Posts: 29Approved Member Beginner
    I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE GUYS. I KEEP D.CING AT THE LOGIN SCREEN AS SOON AS I CLICK CONNECT. BEFORE THAT I WOULD D.C WHILE SWICHING SERVERS. WHEN ARE THEY GONNA FIX THIS CRAP?
  • hemsirebey26hemsirebey26 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Hello
    When I enter the game I am constantly getting a disconnect error and I can not get into the game yet. Please help
    Hello
    When I enter the game I am constantly getting a disconnect error and I can not get into the game yet. Please help
    sfasfasfa
    Here's the latest information that I've gotten back from the developers (?) or GM.

Thank you for waiting. Here's the status update so far. 

We've investigated and tested more on all of your character information, but we couldn't find any issue with the characters. 

We now waiting for an answer from Xigncode if somehow the anti-hack tool is blocking your computer's access. 

In the meantime, can you please tell us what anti-hack program (3rd party) you are using in background?

I sure hope they can find an answer soon.  And maybe whatever answer they can come up with for me will work for others as well.
  • williamlb92williamlb92 Posts: 13Approved Member Beginner
    I had a lot of issues with logging in and switching servers. This week while cleaning my pc I found that the old dekaron from nexon wasnt fully uninstalled from my pc. There was also another program from nexon named : Akamai Net Session (or Something close to that). Ended up deleting both (not just the folders but in Windows setting then uninstall) and it seems that 90% of my problem is gone now. I still get kicked back to main page when logging in sometimes or when I switch servers too fast but I can go and do DKSQ without having to worry about getting sent back to main page and wait 5 minutes. I hope this can help you guys also
  • NomenNesci0NomenNesci0 Posts: 43Approved Member Beginner
    Nothing to do with Xigncode or anti-virus or whatever. It's about virtual networks...
    Yes, some players have multiple issues, but you must separate them and start solving the lowest level issues first.
    To prove that I am right about the main reason of "disconnected from server" issue (there could be multiple reasons) and that it is indeed on a hosting provider side, I checked some VPN/IP spoof sofware. That software removes all data from your communication to target site, so they can't tell who you are, from where you are connecting and how deep in subnetworks you are buried, are they real or virtual, etc. The result is as I predicted: hosting provider sees me as normal, regular and innocent game player connecting directly without any proxies to Dekaron. No disconnects, no lags (keep changing virtual country of origin and check which has the least ping: Canada, USA, Germany, France or whatever) and no problem. The catch is that it's not really allowed (was not in Nexon time) because hackers use similar spoofing methods to launch DDoS attacks and it's hard to tell who is legit and who is not regarding distribution area of the game (access limited to the list of countries, blocked for others). Another problem is that it's usually not free or is limited to some amount of traffic. Anyway, simple tuning of hosting server allowing VPN to go 1-2 levels deeper would solve the problem altogether. Nexon found the solution in 2 months time, Papayans are obviously not a match to them. It seems that with [GM]Dragon most of the brains left too along with the heart.
  • Alii031Alii031 Posts: 342Approved Member Intermediate

@williamlb92 if you still have the issue sometimes, it means it did not fix it but it could be a clue to something that does need fixed on their end. I agree with the ones posting on the hosting problem.

Best we can do right now is keep posting on this forum for this specific problem, keep sending in detailed relevant information on what happens so they know it is something that needs to be handled. if we stop posting and stop sending in tickets, they will just think the problem was resolved on its own. not hassle them, but keep informing them every so often. please keep it based on the actual problem, not unessicary add ins to confuse them and make it more complicated.

I did however respond to a follow up ticket-they asked if I was still experiencing the problem of being kicked to the login and I replied back with the same detailed information I have given them since the transfer to papaya. I also suggested they should maybe contact nexon for some advice on their tech team and how they worked this out. I don't know if game companys are able to communicate with eachother but I hope they take it into consideration and contact nexon for this problem to make things better.

PappyPlay
  • ShametouShametou Posts: 5Member Beginner
    I cant pass character select any1 find out something to fix it ?
    @Shametou This has been an ongoing problem since Papaya took over Dekaron (July 2016).  They've promised us a "speedy response".  I'll let you "do the math"...lol!
  • NomenNesci0NomenNesci0 Posts: 43Approved Member Beginner
    edited January 2017
    Use VPN to connect and play normally. There are hundreds of companies offering the service. The only problem is: they cost money. I am starting to believe that the hosting server owner also owns VPN business and offers that kind of service too, because otherwise this situation is totally ridiculous and solvable in 5 mins. It's like a doctor refusing to set a proper diagnose and sending you to his brother pharmacists to try out all medicaments first, one after another. Or a case of a mechanic whose repair service is lacking customers, so he sends his son to visit parking lots and do some damage. On the other hand, they solved gold sellers in Ardeca, which actually proves that everything is easily solvable as long as they are not in conflict of interest!!!!
  • shockball1shockball1 Posts: 14Approved Member Beginner
    so when is this actually going to be resolved? its been a couple months waiting from this trash papaya play
  • donnavandonnavan Posts: 1Approved Member Beginner

Any idea to solve this problem?
    I'm still waiting for Papaya to fix this too.  Pretty soon, it will be one year since Papaya took over from Nexon, and they still haven't solved basic connection problems.  Pretty sad performance.

@NomenNesci0 Are any of the VPNs free?  And are they legit under Papaya's ToS?
    Many VPNs offer free trial, usually 3 days or 500Mb traffic, so you can check if that works for you. I am not aware that any totally free VPN service exists, so keep on "trialing" if that works for you (proven for 90% of "disconnected..." cases, others are caused by something else) or subscribe if you have money to spare (5-10 extra $ per month is not cheap).
    VPNs were not legitimate under Nexon, but many Asian players (or servicemen when on overseas tour) are using those for years. If you always connect through the same "country", there is no way to tell that you are somewhere else physically, so I don't see why should Papayans bother investigating that anyway. Besides, if that is the only way to play for many people, they should be lucky that we are willing to spend extra $ just to play. Stupid company is actually loosing those $, because we should be actually spending them in D-shop or Web-shop every month instead giving them to some VPN service.
    I say again: solve the issue with your server hosting company or ditch those incompetent cheap bastards...
    PappyPlay
  • claudiupatrutclaudiupatrut Posts: 0Member Beginner
    PAPAYA FUCKEDUP WITH THIS GAME
  • ngxpmagengxpmage Posts: 16Member Beginner
    I have same DC problem with Cable ISP and Asus router. I never have any dc problem at home with DSL ISP. It may be the Asus router or just cable problem. 
  • dlastmohicandlastmohican Posts: 2Member Beginner
    papaya dont tell me your the worst one to handle this game better give up now if you lossing funds
  • rage11761rage11761 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    I haven't played Dekaron for years, decided to come back and try it again. BUT I am having the same disconnect problem other people are describing. I made it to the character screen and then I get booted back to the login scree... As a company that bought this game from Nexon looking to make money I seriously cannot believe this is still not fixed. You are losing your players and making it impossible for new players to join. This is a cancerous business model. Don't wonder why your company starts to fail when you cannot even address a problem that is blocking people from even playing the game...
  • trnoruzica22trnoruzica22 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Asked them to reset my 2nd password, they accused me of account sharing, I pointed out that I use VPN, because that is the only way I can connect and received this answer at the end of discussion:

Hello, 

Since using VPN is against our moderation guidelines, we are unfortunately not able to provide the support requested. As much as we would like to help you, we cannot make any exceptions. 

For more information, please refer to our moderation guidelines: http://forum.papayaplay.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1011/notice-dekaron-online-moderation-guidelines#latest

Kind regards,
    Team Dekaon

Obviously, I have been denied service and it seems that they don't care too much about it.
    Goodbye Dekaron, it has been lovely 9 years...
    The "One Year Anniversary" of Papaya's takeover is only a few weeks away, and still no resolution to this ongoing problem, not for me at least.  I've been looking around for other games that are as much fun to play as Dekaron, but without all the hangups.  If you know of some good ones, let me know.  You can email me directly at Lorenzo.JustForFun@gmail.com  I've been playing a few on my own, but just haven't found the "right fit" so far.  I don't mind if the PvP isn't as good, or even non-present.

I doubt if Papaya will ever get these connection problems resolved.  So best to stop wasting our time with "amateurs".
  • borislavkk1borislavkk1 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    when is this gonna be fixed yall be having this since 2016 wtf ?!?!?!?!?!